Reolink E1. Anyway to connect to BI

Bolly2007

Reolink E1. Anyway to connect to BI

Post by Bolly2007 »

I bought a Reolink E1 camera only to find that it doesn't have ONVIF. The Reolink had a couple of setup guides for Blue Iris so thought it would be okay. Apparently not.

Anyone found a work around?
Thixotropic

Re: Reolink E1. Anyway to connect to BI

Post by Thixotropic »

All Reolink cameras except the battery-powered ones support RTSP, so maybe that's a way to get the video you need.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Batman52

Post by Batman52 »

I've worked with several types of cameras, so I'm working from memory on the Reolink.
I thought it supported ONVIF, but if it doesn't, then what it is probably doing is using random port numbers.

What you'll need to do is to get the IP address of the camera. Use the Reolink app to get the camera working, then change from DHCP (turn off DHCP) and set a fixed IP address. This allows you to change the port number to one used by Blue Iris. Once you set these into the camera and reboot, you should be able to find it with the Blue Iris setup scan. I would try to log onto the camera (after setting a fixed IP) using a web browser and then finish setting up the camera. Then try Blue Iris with the known IP address.

Reolink uses random port numbers such as 34381 or 498 etc. Blue Iris can't find this. It's looking for 80, 554, etc.

Please remember that I am doing this from memory, so I may have missed a step or have something wrong, but I would look into this. Some cameras spoof a MAC address rather than change the port. These cameras are worthless, since every time you reboot, you'll get a new IP address, and Blue Iris will disconnect. I have 2 Reolink cameras working, and they do reconnect on reboot, so I believe they do not spoof MAC addresses.

Charlie
jbahlman

Post by jbahlman »

I had the same problem. The Amazon description for the E1 said it had RTSP, but it doesn't. I talked to support and they confirmed it doesn't have onvif or RTSP. I just sent it back and paid a little more for the C1 which does have ONVIF and RTSP. Looks like they removed the onvif support to get the price down.