Macros and Presets

Thixotropic

Macros and Presets

Post by Thixotropic »

Is there a way to use a macro to drive the camera to a given preset?

For example, can we run a macro every hour to force the camera to its Home position or to a specific Preset position?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Re: Macros and Presets

Post by MikeBwca »

I don't think so.

But, you can use the 'Schedule' for each camera to do what you want. Just set the time and what you want it to do.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think there is with the Homeseer BI plug in. Here is a test event that I created:

I understand that HS3 may be a bit expensive just for this, but if it can be done with HS3, then maybe it can also be done from other HA programs too ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Thixotropic wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 pm Is there a way to use a macro to drive the camera to a given preset?

For example, can we run a macro every hour to force the camera to its Home position or to a specific Preset position?
You should be able to use the Schedule feature as MikeBwca pointed out.

BI5 Camera Schedule.jpg
BI5 Camera Schedule.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
BI5 Camera Schedule Event.jpg
BI5 Camera Schedule Event.jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Cool, thanks Tim.

It looks like I could cobble up a decent Homeseer startup package for under $1000, so the cost itself isn't a problem. The issue for me is the time it would take for me to get everything set up and working, tweak stuff the way I want it, etc. I may look into it later this year but ATM I have more than a few projects I'm working on. I'm also waiting for it to stop raining here...it's been raining for a couple of weeks and we're all sick of it. I am not, repeat not going to get up on a ladder and run cable and mount cameras in this weather, lol.
TimG wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:02 pm I understand that HS3 may be a bit expensive just for this, but if it can be done with HS3, then maybe it can also be done from other HA programs too ?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

reddawg wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:51 pm You should be able to use the Schedule feature as MikeBwca pointed out.
Thanks, Reddawg (and MikeBwca). I'll look at setting up a schedule and see what happens.

I don't usually move any of the cameras; it's more of an initialization/reset thing I want to have happen to bring everything back to a "known good" starting state, and this looks like it'll do it.

I'd thought about writing a script to send commands to the cameras upon startup but I don't know what the protocols are and I don't have time to delve into it and figure it out, so this looks like a good solution for now.