Suggestion/Request: 3rd party add-ons tab in Blue Iris

Demetrius87

Suggestion/Request: 3rd party add-ons tab in Blue Iris

Post by Demetrius87 »

Hi;

Would it be possible to create a 3rd party add-ons tab into Blue Iris? I know the application is maintained only be a few people and adding this feature would ease the work load on the developers. This idea would create a open path for users to create many more add-ons for Blue Iris. And we might finally get a offline version for object / person detection similar to https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/tool-tuto ... ris.37330/ without having to go through many steps.
billlach

Re: Suggestion/Request: 3rd party add-ons tab in Blue Iris

Post by billlach »

Curious about this as well. Had an unmanageable amount of false positives with spiders and moths at night so I'm testing out the AI Tool with Deepstack server. It does a great job of identifying objects but is limited on alert functionality. A cleaner interface to this type of add on, that could take advantage of BI alert functionality, or better yet, incorporating this type of AI functionality into BI would be smash hit.
crosseyed

Post by crosseyed »

I requested support for Deepstack about a month or two ago. Developer said it was on his to-do list. Integration should be simple since much of the plumbing is already in place for existing AI event handling.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

This looks awesome. I hope it comes to fruition... and hopefully someone can help with a guide to set up :lol:
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
terk

Post by terk »

billlach wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:34 pm Curious about this as well. Had an unmanageable amount of false positives with spiders and moths at night so I'm testing out the AI Tool with Deepstack server. It does a great job of identifying objects but is limited on alert functionality. A cleaner interface to this type of add on, that could take advantage of BI alert functionality, or better yet, incorporating this type of AI functionality into BI would be smash hit.
What alert limitations are you seeing? I just set this up on my servers this weekend and turned off all alerts on the hidden AI clone trigger cameras but left the alerting how I wanted it on my original recording cameras and so i get the expected alerts only when the object types i selected are detected since the original camera is triggered then. Seems to work really well the only downside I see is the DeepStack app isn't written to run as a service like it should be at least on Windows, so it has to be manually started anytime the machine is rebooted and left running in the disconnected RDP session of my server.