switching between cameras while using timeline view?

NGNeer314

switching between cameras while using timeline view?

Post by NGNeer314 »

theres got to be a way to do this, i'm just not seeing it?

so I'm watching a recording in the console with the timeline viewer open at the bottom (all my cams are set to continuous record).

I'm watching the front door cam, and it shows at exactly noon the mailman leaves the front door and walks to the side door. The timeline viewer (if i'm zoomed in enough) even shows a static image of the mailman walking into view of the side door camera.

How the heck do i switch to the side door camera, but keep the time still at noon?
MikeBwca

Re: switching between cameras while using timeline view?

Post by MikeBwca »

I'm assuming your zoomed into one camera? (Full window)

There are 2 views in the timeline, View (non-edit), and, Edit. You must make sure your in 'View (Non-edit)' mode to switch cameras while viewing in the timeline.

View Mode (Non-edit): White boarder around camera. Nothing between the bottom of the camera and the Control area.
Sometimes, under certian circumstance, you will see the Start/End markers, but the will be unselectable.
View, (non-edit).png
View, (non-edit).png (44.45 KiB) Viewed 9831 times

Edit view mode: You'll know your in edit view mode if...
- No white boarder around camera.
- You see the progress bar beneath the camera
- You see the Start/End markers at left/right under progress bar.
If you see them, press Escape, and it should go to the View mode.
Edit.png
Edit.png (43.71 KiB) Viewed 9831 times

To do what you want...
1. Reset all the views by clicking the 'Goto Now' button. That's the 'clock' icon at the bottom right. This will take you to the current time & view. If you are zoomed into a camera, press Esc.
2. Clicvk the 'Solo (1 camera)' button at the top of the clip list. It looks like 1 clrcle in front of another. It will turn green.
3 Double click the camera to open it full in the BI window. The camera will fill the BI window, and, a white boarder will appear around the camera. This is the 'View (non-edit)' mode we want.
4. Double click into the timeline, then go to the time you want to view. You can single click a clip in the cliplist, click in the timeline, slide the timeline, or, click the date/time' box and jump to a specific date/time.

Controls while in 'View' mode...
- Left/right arrows: Go to next/prev camera.
- Up/Down arrows: Jump to the next/Prev clip.
Also, you can click on a clip in the cliplist to jump to that in the timeline.

If your in the Edit mode, press Esc key until you get back to the View mode.
Simple, eh! It took me a while to figure this out. May be in Help - I have no idea.

Please comment if I've complicated this, or if it doesn't make sense.
NGNeer314

Post by NGNeer314 »

Mike, many many big Thanks! :D :D :D

BI has some good features, but being intuitive to figure out is not one of them!

so about 99% of my problem is I never would have guessed to press escape to leave "edit" mode (why was i even in edit mode i don't know, my method was always to just double click a clit to start watching, i guess that defaults to edit mode).

I also now understand the "solo camera" button. I've tried clicking it before, but didnt seem to have any effect. I thought it would have only shown the video from on single camera, buts actually to "solo" motion notifications...

thanks again
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

NGNeer314 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 am my method was always to just double click a clit
hmmmm, will give that one a go!! :) ;) :lol: :lol:
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Thank you Mike!
hotbrass

Post by hotbrass »

NGNeer314 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 am my method was always to just double click a clit
Works every time!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thanks for the positive replies.

This forum is sooooooo different than 'the site that shall be nameless', where I would almost always get criticism from the admin . I've been worried that my posts may receive negative responses. I guess the other site made me apprehensive to share anything.

This, the BI official forum, is such a nice forum. It's a pleasant place to read & post.
It's nice to know that some find my (& our) posts useful here on this site.
TimG

Post by TimG »

MikeBwca: Just Wow !

How long did that take to figure out :idea:

Yes, this forum must remain a safe place for everybody, where you can post a comment or have an opinion without being trolled 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

NGNeer314 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 ammy method was always to just double click a clit
Oh my. :o

Heh heh, this is why proofreading is so important, LOL! :)

Must. Not. Make. Comment.....
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

MikeBwca wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:53 am This forum is sooooooo different than 'the site that shall be nameless', where I would almost always get criticism from the admin . I've been worried that my posts may receive negative responses. I guess the other site made me apprehensive to share anything.
Your experience mirrors mine there exactly. There's a lot of hate and nitpicking over there.
Ask a question, get criticism from the admin. Make a suggestion, get criticism from the admin. Remark on something, get criticism from the admin. The admin gets triggered at the drop of a hat, lol. Sad, really.

MikeBwca wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:53 am This, the BI official forum, is such a nice forum. It's a pleasant place to read & post.
It's nice to know that some find my (& our) posts useful here on this site.
I find this place to be easy going and friendly and the people here are good folks (with a couple of exceptions). There's always some guy who's goal in life is to make trouble, but you'll find them everywhere. I generally just ignore them, bless their little hearts. :lol:
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS