Test Run Video Through Motion Detector not triggering

bob2000

Test Run Video Through Motion Detector not triggering

Post by bob2000 »

Hi,

I'm trying to fine tune my motion triggered events. However when i activate "test run video through motion detector" and run some of the captured event clips, motion detection is not triggered !

These are all without changing the settings.

How can this be and what am i doing wrong?

thanks for any help.
MikeBwca

Re: Test Run Video Through Motion Detector not triggering

Post by MikeBwca »

You'll need to start playing the video about 10 seconds before the event to trigger.

If your recording Continuous, then all you need to do is play the clip, stop, go back 10 seconds, then play. Or increasing the 'Pre trigger video buffer' to 12-15 seconds will make it as easy as just playing the clip.

If your recording 'When Triggered', most likely you do not have a 'Pre-trigger video buffer' of 12-15 seconds.
In this Case, do one of the following...
- temporarily change pre-buffer to 12-15 seconds, get a bunch of videos, then play them and you'll have the amount of video needed.
- temporarily change to 'Continuous' recording so that you can advance the video back. My opinion is it's easier to change the 'pre-trigger video buffer'.
TheLAD

Post by TheLAD »

I was having trouble getting a trigger for my first attempt at motion from one zone to the next. One of the rules that I don't think is written down: the zones cannot overlap. Whether they are overlapping is not easy to see on my configuration screen as the color used to show the zones is too close to the mask zone.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I agree.

One method if to leave a small gap between zones. Then, use another zone to 'connect' all the trigger zones. The 'connect' zone cane be toggled to make it easier to see the trigger zones.

The 'connect' zone is not used in any cross-zone.
TheLAD

Post by TheLAD »

I have been playing with motion trigger trying to fine tune it. It seems to me that Replaying video through "test run video" shows the motion being detected regardless of the zone settings and never shows when the trigger criteria for moves between zones is met. This makes it very hard to fine tune.

I have attached screen shots below and would appreciate any advice on the settings. (apparently only 3 files can be attached, I will post the other 2 in the next post). I am trying to avoid triggers when vehicles drive by but trigger when someone walks up to the front door.
Attachments
zone-C.jpg
zone-C.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
zone-B.jpg
zone-B.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
zone-A.jpg
zone-A.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
TheLAD

Post by TheLAD »

here are the other 2 files showing settings in BI5
Attachments
object detection.png
object detection.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
motion sensor.png
motion sensor.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

This is the area I'd mask off if I wanted to trigger on people but not traffic. Cover the approach to the door, but not the street or the wall (to reduce triggering on shadows and reflections).

mask.jpg
mask.jpg (67.46 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS