Computer stops responding

rtaylor115

Computer stops responding

Post by rtaylor115 »

My client has 32 cameras recording 24/7. Initially, we had a gen 4 i5 computer. Storage is on a highpoint hard drive tower connected to a Rocketraid extermal SAS controller that holds 8 6TB SATA drives. It ran consistently and without issue except for 100% CPU usage. The computer was replaced with a custom built pc with an i9 - 9900k CPU with 32GB RAM. The motherboard is an MSI pro board. When blue iris is NOT running, the computer runs with no issues. When Blue Iris is turned on (service started), it will run from 5-24 hours and then stops responding, requiring a hard reboot. Troubleshooting steps taken: replaced the RAM, removed board and set up on static free desktop and it ran several days with no issues. Removed RAID card and installed single 6TB HDD. Added NVidea video card. Added liquid CPU cooler (CPU temp runs about 160 until Blue Iris is opened to view cameras, then CPU temp increases to 174-190 range.

CPU consistently runs in the 30-40% range and memory utilization runs around 9gb of the 32gb. Computer is dedicated to Blue Iris. OS is windows 10 Pro.

I'm scratching my head here along with everyone else involved in troubleshooting this issue. I should mention that the computer is on a 5-port gigabit switch connecting to a 48 port gig switch. Network utilization average 3-4%. Video is viewed at 30fps and direct to disc recording is enabled (along with Intel decoding).

Can anyone provide clues?