Best Route for New Version 5?

DroMike

Best Route for New Version 5?

Post by DroMike »

Greetings all -- this is my first post.

In 2017 I paid for and received a License Key for Blue Iris, and used a full copy of V4 sporadically for a year. My goal now is to obtain and use the new V5.

However, even when I've used V4, every 3rd or 4th time I opened the program, a banner would appear across my camera(s) stating it was an "Evaluation Copy," even though I was a user with an active License Key. This then forced me to input that key on each of those occasions, which has been a bit annoying.

On my V4 in the, the "About" section I see red date-numbers which shows my Basic support level expired last February, 2019. I'm now wondering what the best path to V5 for me would be. Should I:

(1) simply delete V4 entirely and then purchase V5 from scratch (hopefully this would avoid that "Evaluation Copy" glitch I was having) for $69.95; or

(2) select the Upgrade/Renew Now option which I THINK I am eligible for and would cost me only $29.95 for the "Extended" version (and if so, would I be keeping the same glitchy License Key that has caused me continual problems, or would I be provided a new one)?

Thanks.