BI 4 works - BI 5 don't work.

rfknapik

BI 4 works - BI 5 don't work.

Post by rfknapik »

I have an 11 camera system on a Lenovo laptop. i7, ssd 3tb total, 8gb video, 32gb ram, two monitors. All cameras work flawlessly, are stable and work correctly on BI 4 on my older system and on my this new system. Only 3 work correctly and stable on Blue Iris 5. Some do not work at all.

I don't know everything but I'm well versed, and not a Windows PC dummy since 1979. Emails to support never returned from when I started with 4, or now when I'm on 5. I'm tired of being told my cams are garbage from fenderman on the ipcamtalk forum or blame being put on my computer, OS or other hardware.

I have 2 foreign IPD (Inesun) PTZ, 2 US Hikvision, 2 old Trivisions, 2 ancient Panasonics PTZ, 2 newer Reolinks US camsPTZ, 1 Wyze V2 with RSTP firmware. This is a standalone system for use at my business. I do not use any remote viewing through BI.

Am I the only one out there with the same problems? Don't put out new software before it's ready just to make some quick bucks!

Ron Knapik
TimG

Re: BI 4 works - BI 5 don't work.

Post by TimG »

Hi Ron,

Break it down into individual issues, and we will try to help. We have mostly all had issues with the Grinch from ipcamstalks [sic], and he actually became a member here a couple of weeks ago.

This is a friendly forum :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Ron, please change your font foreground color from white to black in your post. It is a huge eye strain.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
wes2859

Post by wes2859 »

Hey any/all, I've reached an impasse on my fresh install of BI 5. I had an OEM 4 license I had purchased (just got around to installing) and during install it asked if I wanted to install v5 instead of v4. So I opted for 5, latest version (I suspected) I simply want to get it working on my LAN before tweaking / fine tuning. The webpage is publishing & is visible on my LAN however, I can't login. I get 'no matching user/pw'. I copied the admin acct to another user and I created a new user (not copying any builtin profiles) as nothing was working. So I was relegated to researching a solution. I had been assisted and engaged in good standing on
IPCamTalk. I had sought help and offered help on IPCamTalk as I could. Loved the site and (to my knowledge) was a user in good standing. Recently (last couple days) I had sought help there (IPCamTalk) again, only this time I was flamed & subsequently banned from IPCamTalk by FENDERMAN. Considering all the endorsements their site promotes, this is pretty 'unprofessional' and certainly uncivil toward a user in good standing. The only reason I mention it in this post, is that I felt the full brunt of Admin FENDERMAN.
I've never experienced it ever in any forum. But anyway...

I still need help with my webserver login in anyone has any recommendations. I'm flummoxed on this one
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

rfknapik wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:11 am I'm tired of being told my cams are garbage from fenderman on the ipcamtalk forum or blame being put on my computer, OS or other hardware.
We see this a lot; he has some kind of problem that causes him to belittle everyone who asks for help there. In any case, welcome to the BI forum, we'll do our best to help get this resolved.

In terms of the cameras, did you by any chance make note of the previous settings in version 4? All things being equal they should work just as well (if not better) on v5 just as well as v4, so I'm wondering if this might be some very subtle config setting that's handled differently in v5 and v4.
Last edited by Thixotropic on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

reddawg wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56 pm Ron, please change your font foreground color from white to black in your post. It is a huge eye strain.
I use a black background theme so please just use the default color. If you hardcode it to black I won't be able to see it.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

wes2859 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 am The only reason I mention it in this post, is that I felt the full brunt of Admin FENDERMAN.
I've never experienced it ever in any forum. But anyway...
Yep, he really seems to get his rocks off by lording his forum admin 'power' over people. Time and time again people come here mentioning that Blunderman has attacked them for asking a question or daring to disagree with him. It's sad that he can't control himself and be civil, but some people are just like that.

In any case, welcome the the real Blue Iris forum. :)

This probably isn't the problem with the login issue you're seeing but might be worth checking: I had some really strange issues trying to login after making a new user. Sometimes it would let me log in, sometimes not. It all came down to there being either a space or non-printing (invisible) control character present at the end of the user name. I'm not sure if the name itself somehow got a space or control char appended to it or if it came from cutting and pasting text that had it, but it baffled me for a bit. I finally deleted the user and recreated the name and everything started working fine.

Like I said, that's probably not it but might be worth checking. Also make sure nothing else in terms of the browser is interfering- some add-ins like NoScript or ad blockers can keep the interface from working properly.

Also, are you able to login with any other user or username?
What browser do you normally use when you're trying to login?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi wes2859,

If you can see the webserver page on another pc on your Lan, then you are close. So if you go to BI5 settings/Users, and create a new user "wes2859" with a password "test", and OK that, will it allow you to log in with those details on another pc on the Lan ? If not, there is something seriously weird going on here :? Oh, to add to Thixotropic's post, you can check the masked existing password by clicking on the "eye" to the right of it to see if there are any odd characters.

And yes, many of us have been targeted by the child at ipscamstalks [sic]. I used to wonder how the regular posters managed to escape from it. You can run BI5 on an AMD cpu here, without Intel acceleration - and even run other programs too at the same time. Nobody will be enraged, or attempt to make you look stupid. On top of that, some of the best posts here are people trying the cheap cameras, and adapting them for their own purposes. Go for it forum users :idea:

As Thixotropic said, welcome to the real Blue Iris forum :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.