How best to manage New, Storage, and Alert folders?

oceanslider

How best to manage New, Storage, and Alert folders?

Post by oceanslider »

Hello,
I am new to BI and just putting together a standalone PC. It is an i5-8500 with 8gb of RAM and a 256gb M.2 SSD for Windows 10 Pro and the Blue Iris software. I have an 8tb HDD that I shucked from an WD Easystore and is in this PC as well for storage. I plan to leave this out in the garage unattended recording full time. Within the next month I will hardwire it to my newwork and control BI from my office computer, that is the plan for now anyway.

Currently I only have one camera, an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE that I got from Andy at EmpireTec. I will eventually get more cameras, maybe up to 4-5, but probably not for a few months to get a second installed and the others over the next year and a half at least. Building slowly as I learn and find out what will work best and what cameras I should buy.

But in the meantime for this one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera and the setup I describe above. How would you recommend I setup the storage folders New, Storage, and Alerts for my recordings?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Dedicated Blue Iris 5 PC : HP ProDesk i5-8500, 8gb RAM, 256gb M.2 SSD(for BI and Windows 10), 8tb drive shucked from WD EasyStore.
Two cameras so far: one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and one IPC-T5442TM-AS, eventually looking to have about 6 or 7 cameras.