Setup Failed -340 for recording - Can't record?!

MrPete

Setup Failed -340 for recording - Can't record?!

Post by MrPete »

New BI5 user... experienced with computers.

No matter what I do, recording will NOT set up! I always get this in the log: Setup Failed -340 for recording.

Where is the list of BI error codes and explanations?

How do I diagnose this?

Thanks,
Pete
TimG

Re: Setup Failed -340 for recording - Can't record?!

Post by TimG »

You could send an email to support using the info from the "Email support" button in settings, but:

1. How have you got your "New" and "Storage" folders set up ? That could be a HD size warning.
2. Can you actually view your camera(s) in BI5 ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

MrPete wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 am No matter what I do, recording will NOT set up! I always get this in the log: Setup Failed -340 for recording.
Can you clarify what you mean by "recording will NOT set up"? Are you not able to add a camera to Blue Iris or does your camera not trigger and start recording when there is motion?

Please post an image of your Blue Iris Settings -> Clips and archiving for NEW and STORAGE folders? Also, post an image from one of Blue Iris Camera Settings -> Record tab and from Video file format and compression.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

MrPete wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:31 am No matter what I do, recording will NOT set up! I always get this in the log: Setup Failed -340 for recording.
The BI log probably has more information. Open the BI log and search for that error. Copy the entire line, and paste it here.
I would suggest also sending the the log entry & description of the issue to BI support. Please reply to this thread with the resolution & explanation of the error that BI support gives.