hard drive corruption errors after BL5 upgrade?

NGNeer314

hard drive corruption errors after BL5 upgrade?

Post by NGNeer314 »

ever since I upgraded my Blue Iris to version 5, every few weeks i get a "disk not formatted" error on my second harddrive (which is used just for blue iris recordings, direct-to-disc, 24/7 on all ten cameras).

I can reformat the drive, and then it seems to work ok, until i get the same error in another couple weeks. Obvious answer is a flaky harddrive, but i replaced it a few weeks ago and the error just happened again today!

Both the previous and new drives are 4TB WesternDigital "Purple" drives. I had the first one going nonstop for over two years before this started happening (right after the upgrade to BL5). some people claim that the Purple drives are junk, but others swear by them, so who knows....

thanks for any thoughts! (and sorry if this double posted)
oceanslider

Re: hard drive corruption errors after BL5 upgrade?

Post by oceanslider »

Not even a reply from someone from Blue Iris team on your issues? Did you get any resolution to this issue?
Dedicated Blue Iris 5 PC : HP ProDesk i5-8500, 8gb RAM, 256gb M.2 SSD(for BI and Windows 10), 8tb drive shucked from WD EasyStore.
Two cameras so far: one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and one IPC-T5442TM-AS, eventually looking to have about 6 or 7 cameras.
TimG

Re: hard drive corruption errors after BL5 upgrade?

Post by TimG »

I would run the manufacturers diagnostic software on the flaky drive and see what that tells you. A new drive can be bad out of the box. I have also had no trouble yet with hard drives with BI4 and BI5, but I do keep all BI5 database and recording folders separate to my Windows drives.

Let us know what the diagnostic software says.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.