App Not Connecting After Server Migration

swather450

App Not Connecting After Server Migration

Post by swather450 »

I moved my BI server to a laptop today and everything is working on the laptop side of things. When I try and connect my BI app I am getting an "Unable to make connection: check server address".

What is interesting is if I open up BI on my old server (it will run in demo mode for a couple of days still) and change the IP address in the app to my previous server, everything connects just fine.

I have deleted the server on the app several times and tried to type it all in fresh with no luck, but I can change the IP 192.168.x.xx1 to 192.168.x.xx2 just fine and connect to the old server.

I have tried renaming the server, I have tried disabling the auto-ban IP and release banned IP in the advanced menu of the webserver tab in BI.

What more can I do to connect to BI with the app?

This is all while my phone is connected to my home network, but I get the same results if I disable my phone's wifi and open OpenVPN. I have also seen the same behavior on my iPad.
TimG

Re: App Not Connecting After Server Migration

Post by TimG »

It may be a daft question, but does the laptop have a static IP address ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
swather450

Post by swather450 »

Yes it does.
swather450

Post by swather450 »

I tried with both a dynamic and then static IP address and neither worked. It currently has a static IP address.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

On the new server...
- Did you update the new IP:port address in BI's Webserver options?
- If your using port forwarding, did you update your router with the new IP:port #?
swather450

Post by swather450 »

I was able to figure it out. On the new laptop the firewall was blocking the BI application. I thought I had this checked, but turns out I didn't. Have to remember to check every step in the process.