Viewer with 4 groups

jelli23898

Viewer with 4 groups

Post by jelli23898 »

Hi,

I would like to divide my cameras into 4 groups and have 1 camera from each group displayed in each quarter of the screen, priority given to the camera with the last movement. Is this possible? It seems like it should be but I'm not sure how to configure it.

Either with BI console, or with UI3.

Bonus points for being able to change the configuration automatically based on time of day.
MikeBwca

Re: Viewer with 4 groups

Post by MikeBwca »

Use groups. Cameras can be in multiple groups. Define your 4 groups, and an addition group for the 1 camera in each group. Select the group to want to view in BI and UI3. Not sure about the priority given think.

You can change the configuration by defining profiles, then using the scheduler to switch to those profiles by time.
jelli23898

Post by jelli23898 »

Thanks for the reply, but that isn't what I'm after. This is for a 24x7 video monitor in the office, showing picture from approx 30 cameras. Most of them are not interesting during the day, anything with movement is interesting at night. I'm trying to find a way to make the most of the cameras and the movement sensing.

During the daytime, I have 3 cameras that I want displayed non-stop, the remaining camera can be last movement. At night, when all movement should be ceased, I would like all of them to display the last movement.

Any idea how to do this, or something like this?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

No, sorry. You may want to send BI support this question.

You can restore/focus the BI interface when a camera is triggered, but that's not what you want.
There's also a command to 'send camera to first position', but, I do not know know to trigger it.

With BI, triggers will be put in the clip list. The only triggers at night will then show up in the clip list. There should only be a few, if any, so it wouldn't be difficult to see them. With Alerts, there's no reason not to notice them. The benefit with being notified with alerts is you don't physically have to be actively monitoring the cameras, locally or remotely.

The Alerts can send push notifications, mms with the trigger image, email, Windows popup, and many others.

You can use profiles, for example profile 2, to change the trigger/alert config to the night config. Then use the scheduler to switch to profile 2 at night, then switch back to profile 1 in the morning. Use whatever alerts you want, to notify whomever, when there is a trigger at night.