Continuous recording.

llacayo

Continuous recording.

Post by llacayo »

I have a question, I have 10Rolink Cameras and I have 4 of them in continuous recording mode (I think) but Im not able to go back and view say something that happened at 5:30 AM today... Can anyone tell why this would not be working. On the general tab of each camera there is a section "Active During Profile" which has a profile 0 grayed out, and the rest not grayed out, does that mean that the camera is only active during profile 0 or the opposite.

thanks,
Luis
HeneryH

Re: Continuous recording.

Post by HeneryH »

I record continuously and have triggers set up to send emails and insert flags into the timeline.

Sounds like you want something similar. It surely works, we just need to figure out why you are not getting the desired results.
broachoski

Re: Continuous recording.

Post by broachoski »

If there are no alerts for that time then on the main screen, right click and toggle "Show timeline view". From the timeline you can go back in time and view your videos.
Though may not be politically correct, I frequently open the NEW folder from the Windoze command prompt and double click on the cameras saved videos from there. It will open the file with Blue Iris.
Each of my cameras are set to record in 1 hour increments under the record tab. I think the default is 8 hours but those are too big for me to handle and search through.
Even if you are recording continuous, you can also have alerts configured. It does not use any more space or resources as it only points to the space on the main recording for each camera.