BI 5 won't open at all

blueeyes

BI 5 won't open at all

Post by blueeyes »

So the recent updates to 5.x have been a disaster. The UI won't even load without immediately crashing. I can't even set anything up on a clean install.

I've uninstalled, re-installed repeatedly, but the same results.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution? I've never used software this bad.
canuckcam

Re: BI 5 won't open at all

Post by canuckcam »

I'm having the same problem. I'm a registered v4 user, and I just installed v5 on top of the existing v4 as suggested to do on the Updates/downloads page.

But now launching v5, I have 0 days for evaluation and so when I click Demo, the program closes. Help!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 2.12.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 2.12.14 AM.png (69.79 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
nosecuser

Post by nosecuser »

blueeyes wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm So the recent updates to 5.x have been a disaster. The UI won't even load without immediately crashing. I can't even set anything up on a clean install.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution? I've never used software this bad.
Had the same problem, re-installed v5 and UI opens now. But seems the window service is not running ... cant connect via phone without UI being open
adbe

Post by adbe »

blueeyes wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm So the recent updates to 5.x have been a disaster. The UI won't even load without immediately crashing. I can't even set anything up on a clean install.

I had this problem with an upgrade from v4.

Removing both and reinstalling v5 (with many backup reg files in between) did not solve it.

I found i had a reg entry under HKCU (CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective) which was far less populated than the HKLM version which is the current main registry settings (based on other posts)

I backed up the HKCU entry and removed it, then restored my v4 reg to HKLM, reinstalled v5, and it opened fine.

The service seems to be running but I haven't tried the webserver yet. If the service hasn't started, perhaps try setting it to Automatic (Delayed Start) instead of Automatic, to ensure all dependent services are started when it tries
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi canuckcam,
But now launching v5, I have 0 days for evaluation and so when I click Demo, the program closes. Help!
What happens if you press "Next" ? Will it allow you to add your registration details ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.