Anonymous view on LAN TV

Dewcal

Anonymous view on LAN TV

Post by Dewcal »

HI,
Am a new user with less than 72 hours experience....

Have BI v5.0.4.8 x64 running with five IP cameras - so far so good.

Have been able to create users who have password protected access to a single camera (only one camera in group) for them to view.

Have Samsung "smart?" TV on same LAN as BI and have created BI Anonymous user (LAN only) so the TV browser can access without logging in (the TV is so smart that it is painful trying to type anything with the standard controller).

In BI - web server - advanced - I require authentication from "all connections" and have a "limit IP address" of ^10.0.x.x which is the fixed IP address of the TV (connected via Ethernet).

When the TV browser starts (I have the home page set as BI ui3.htm) it automatically "logs in" but shows all five cameras despite the anonymous user being set to only show the one camera which is in a group on its own.

Is there something that I have missed for this to happen? If I remove the "Limit IP Address", then the TV browser asks for a user name and password - not something I want my grand-kids to have to watch the fish pond!

How can I get just one camera to appear on the TV without doing anything more than turning on the TV browser? As I said, I have 10.0.x.x:81/ui3.htm?maximize=1 set as the TV browser home page.

Any help would be appreciated.
BI v 5.3.x.0 x64 as a service on Windows 10 Pro 1909 - i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz with 32Gb RAM
Mix of 8 IP POE cameras