Alert push notifications problem

Todd

Alert push notifications problem

Post by Todd »

Hi All,

I noticed my IOS push notifications are sometimes inaccurate, unless I am not understanding correctly. Here is the scenario: Cam A and Cam B are in a group. Cam A and Cam B are set to record for 120 secs after a trigger. Cam A is triggered and sends an Alert push notification indicating it came from Cam A (Group) -correct. Cam A and Cam B continue recording for their 120 secs. While still recording within the 120 secs, Cam B is re-triggered/alerted and another push notification is sent showing it came from Cam A (Group) -wrong. I expected the notification to say it came from Cam B (Group). Note that Cam A was never re-triggered during that time. If I ungroup them, the alerts come in correctly and also indicate which zone(s) were triggered. It would be nice if when they are in a group, the push notifications would say which zone(s) were triggered, instead of simply (Group).

General question: Is there a place to report bugs in this forum?

Question about SEARCH this Forum: I tried searching for my above issue, using keywords like +alerts +notifications and the search engine said the words are too common. Any tips to searching in this forum?

Thanks
MikeBwca

Re: Alert push notifications problem

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you resolved this?

You've described this issue. Screen captures of both cameras General/Trigger/Record screens would have been helpful.
Todd

Re: Alert push notifications problem

Post by Todd »

The issue described has been fixed recently with the new version this week. Now the correct camera reports the alert. However I have noticed another issue with the alerts that Ken is looking in to. The alerts only work correctly if its the only zone or is the first zone of the camera that gets triggered based on your MAKE time. If a camera is first triggered in non-alert Zone A from a MAKE time of 6 secs and while the camera is still recording and then there is motion in an alert Zone B for only 1-2 secs (less than the camera’s MAKE time of 6 secs), an alert will be generated incorrectly. I would like it if alert Zone B would only generate an alert if it also would experience motion for the set MAKE time of 6 secs.