VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error

LOOPYLOOP

Re: VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

had email reply from blue iris, simple solution, worked for me, this is a copy and paste of a few bits from the email
" This issue has arisen as the result of an update made to the Visual Studio C++ compiler used to build Blue Iris. Run the VCREDIST_X64.exe file that you will find in your Blue Iris 5 program files folder for 64-bit Windows, or VCREDIST_X32.exe for 32-bit Windows. "
CommonSenseAl

Post by CommonSenseAl »

I'm back up and running! Running VCREDIST_X64.exe then a system restart worked for me.
First, our apologies for your inconvenience. This issue has arisen as the result of an update made to the Visual Studio C++ compiler used to build Blue Iris. It is not a bug or other problem with the software itself. In order to restore operation you may:

Run the VCREDIST_X64.exe file that you will find in your Blue Iris 5 program files folder for 64-bit Windows, or VCREDIST_X32.exe for 32-bit Windows. If this file is not found, you may run it from blueirissoftware.com/VCREDIST_X64.exe (or VCREDIST_X32.exe for 32 bit).

If this does not fix the issue, a full re-install may be required. In August we transitioned from the InstallShield installer to Advanced Installer--so your reinstallation should first start with an uninstall from the Control Panel, then install the full version from the BlueIrisSoftware website. Please be sure you backup your settings by running REGEDIT, find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris, right-click to export this to a file. It may later by imported just by double-clicking from Windows only (not through Blue Iris).

Once again, apologies for this unforeseen occurrence.

Thanks

Ken
Check out my Blue Iris managed Skycam https://tetrion.com/skycam/
roadhammer

Post by roadhammer »

That solution worked great. I went to the file in my BI directory and ran it. Restarted computer afterwards and now BI works fine. Thanks for the solution.

:D
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'm glad this got sorted quickly. Neat info on the registry back up too.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
errgo57

Post by errgo57 »

I contacted support and the fix was to run VCREDIST_X64.exe from the BI install directory. In my case, that was C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\VCREDIST_X64.exe.

This corrected the problem for me.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

awiredprairie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm You should be able to fix this problem by downloading the runtime directly from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

You'll need to download the Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 version (it's all the same).

I installed both the x86 and x64 versions (vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe) as these files are commonly needed in many apps and my PC runs 64 bit Windows 10. Of course, if you only have a 32-bit install of Windows, only the x86 install will work. :)

Once the installation was complete, Blue Iris started without issue.
Thanks for posting this information on here. Very useful :D
mikepapa

Post by mikepapa »

awiredprairie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm You should be able to fix this problem by downloading the runtime directly from Microsoft.

You'll need to download the Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 version (it's all the same).

I installed both the x86 and x64 versions (vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe) as these files are commonly needed in many apps and my PC runs 64 bit Windows 10. Of course, if you only have a 32-bit install of Windows, only the x86 install will work. :)

Great post! Worked great!
mikepapa

Post by mikepapa »

Great post! Worked great!
CSO

Post by CSO »

Same issue - cleared out the C++ libraries, then went to::::

and it fixed the issue first try (actually after the reboot). None of the background recordings were impacted - only the console.
dhmilton3

Post by dhmilton3 »