VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error

errgo57

VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error

Post by errgo57 »

I have BI 5.x set to do auto-updates, and this morning I had an error dialog on my screen with the following text:

"BlueIris.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".

I'm assuming BI installed an update overnight which caused this since I've not made any other changes to this machine. I've tried repairing BI from Control Panel -> Programs and Features, then rebooting, but the error persists each time I attempt to start BI.

I'm on BI 5.x x64 on Windows 10 Pro for Worksations. Is anyone else seeing this or have a suggestion on fixing?

Thank you.
pomonabill220

Re: VCRUNTIME140_1.dll missing error

Post by pomonabill220 »

I have this fault also.
I updated manually, and when BI tried to restart, the error popped up.
I do an incremental backup every night, so I restored the blue iris 5 subdirectory under program files, and am back to 5.0.4.5 with no problems.
I tried a second time and still got the error, so I am sticking with 5.0.4.5 x64.
I am going to submit a ticket also about this.
Snibley

Post by Snibley »

Same here, exactly, on two different Win 10 machines running two different, licensed copies of BI5.

I tried reinstalling BI, error still there.

Also tried reinstalling the cited "missing" file, error still there.

FWIW.

- Snibley
buceyes

Post by buceyes »

Same issue for me. Have not touched the system but noticed today it wasn't working. Tried to open and got the same error. Re-install/repair did not work.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

happened to me as well, the only way i could fix it was to uninstall ( saying no to delete settings ) and then reinstalling an older version. versions 5.0.4.6 and 5.0.4.7 do this to me. i managed to find version 5.0.4.5 and that works fine.
mzda2

Post by mzda2 »

Just had the same issue on Windows 10 after updating the software.

I fixed it without having to reinstall BI. I removed some of the older C++ distributions from Add/Remove Programs, (2013 and 2017). I then downloaded and installed the latest Visual C++ distributions from here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads

I installed both the x86 and 64-bit versions, restarted PC and it is now working.

The only issue that persists, and I am not sure if it is related but some of the buttons in the GUI have stopped working. For example, window resize, go to now (clock), exit (power icon).
Westynet

Post by Westynet »

Yep - exactly the same problem. Older install worked for me too. Hopefully a fix coming out soon???
awiredprairie

Post by awiredprairie »

You should be able to fix this problem by downloading the runtime directly from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

You'll need to download the Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 version (it's all the same).

I installed both the x86 and x64 versions (vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe) as these files are commonly needed in many apps and my PC runs 64 bit Windows 10. Of course, if you only have a 32-bit install of Windows, only the x86 install will work. :)

Once the installation was complete, Blue Iris started without issue.
CommonSenseAl

Post by CommonSenseAl »

This sucks. Just tried updating and getting same error.

Where can I get an older but not too old Blue Iris version that works?

First time an update has horribly failed.

And the forum is very slow.
Check out my Blue Iris managed Skycam https://tetrion.com/skycam/
vw99z

Post by vw99z »

Issue seems to be in 5.0.4.7. Uninstallng and reinstalling an older version worked to get back up. Be sure and copy the backup files out of the BI program directory before uninstalling so you can restore if something goes wrong in the uninstall but keep files.

Also once you install the older version go into setting and uncheck the BI automatic update or it will hose all over again as 5.0.4.7 will download, autoupdate and crash.