Unable to get profiles to switch in Geofencing

Theone24

Unable to get profiles to switch in Geofencing

Post by Theone24 »

When I installed BI5 I decided to do a clean install to get rid of some buginess I had and reset both of my cameras. I set up two schedules. 1 when I'm away and one when I'm home. I re-setup geofencing and from what I can tell it works okay and I get a notification on my phone that it has entered or exited, but I can't get it to actually change the schedule. Could this be a security setting? Am i missing something easy in configure schedule/profile action? Setting geofencing options changed a bit from 4.0 where it worked flawlessly. From my phone I can go into the app and manually change schedules and profiles???
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (94.75 KiB) Viewed 11703 times
Theone24

Re: Unable to get profiles to switch in Geofencing

Post by Theone24 »

Topic should say Schedules not profiles. Just caught that.
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Any ideas on this? Is anyone else able to get this to work from scratch vs importing settings from V4?
Theone24

Post by Theone24 »

Any ideas on this? Has anyone else experienced this with geofencing when setting it up clean from v5 instead of importing from v4?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, we are not ignoring you, it's just that some of us don't use this functionality.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
boomer

Post by boomer »

I believe you want to "set profile" and use the away profile for exit and the home profile for entrance. As opposed to a schedule. I have a Home profile which has most of my cameras disarmed, an Away profile which arms all of them, and an out-of-hours profile which arms most of them with differnt settings than my away profile. Then setup the schedule to use The home profile or the out-of-hours profile. You can also create other profiles for unique needs.
spammenotinoz

Post by spammenotinoz »

[Dupe] server timed out and posted twice.
Last edited by spammenotinoz on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
spammenotinoz

Post by spammenotinoz »

From memory you have to tick "select profile" and select your profiles that this alert should apply to (usually all) and select "hold".
If you select "run" and use schedules it immediately changes back according to the active schedule.

You can use two approaches, change profiles as above or change schedules.
I prefer change schedules, and then the new schedule applies the appropriate profile.
That way I can still apply the appropriate day\night profile when I am away or at home.

Either approach works though.
jasoncheesemanuk

Post by jasoncheesemanuk »

This had me scratching my head for a few days recently. I kept having profiles that were locked in the HOLD mode and my AWAY and Night modes weren't working. So here's what I have and what I did:

3 Profiles - AWAY (all cameras recording with triggers), HOME-DAY (Front Cameras recording with triggers, Side/Back Cameras - recording NO triggers, Inside Cameras - NO recording), HOME-NIGHT (All Outside Cameras recording with triggers, Inside Downstairs recording with triggers, all other cameras off.)

I setup 2 Schedules - HOME and AWAY. HOME - HOME-DAY from Sunrise to SunSet, HOME-NIGHT from Sunset to Sunrise. AWAY - AWAY profile 24x7

Then under Mobile, Geofence

Enter Geofence -> Set Schedule - HOME
Exit Geofence -> Set Schedule - AWAY

Hope this helps someone setting this up!