Blue Iris drops Wyze V2 video, won't reconnect

Thixotropic

Blue Iris drops Wyze V2 video, won't reconnect

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm running BI 5 on dedicated Win10 PC with 4 cameras. Two of the cameras are the Wyze Cam V2.

The problem I'm seeing is that Blue Iris regularly loses the video from 2 Wyze V2 cameras and will not reconnect. It also won't restart the cameras no matter how I set the Watchdog settings.

The key point is that the cameras are still online and function properly in the Wyze app. If I use the Wyze app to restart the cameras then after a minute or so Blue Iris will start showing the video again (until it loses it again a couple of hours later).

This clearly seems to be an issue with Blue Iris, not the cameras.

I'm asking for help from someone from Blue Iris. If I can't get this issue resolved in BI then I'll have to return it and charge it back on my credit card.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
broachoski

Re: Blue Iris drops Wyze V2 video, won't reconnect

Post by broachoski »

This is not a Blue Iris problem. I have 4 Wyze2 cams running ( sometimes) on BI with 2 Amcrest Wifi cams and 10 standard IP cams with no issues what so ever.
Wyze RTSP is no longer supported by Wyze because its hardware cannot handle RTSP and their main goal which is P2P.
Pretty much any Wifi cams seem to be borderline from my experience.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

broachoski wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:16 pmThis is not a Blue Iris problem. I have 4 Wyze2 cams running ( sometimes) on BI with 2 Amcrest Wifi cams and 10 standard IP cams with no issues what so ever.
Would you be willing to share your settings? Perhaps I have something misconfigured.

If it's not a Blue Iris problem, what do you think it might be? I have a good strong Wifi signal and the cams always work properly in the Wyze app, so I'm not sure where to look for a problem.

broachoski wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:16 pmWyze RTSP is no longer supported by Wyze because its hardware cannot handle RTSP and their main goal which is P2P.
Pretty much any Wifi cams seem to be borderline from my experience.
The Wyze are the only ones that ever drop. I have an Amcrest 841 and a Foscam R2 hooked up and they've never dropped. They've been running for months without any problems whatsoever.

If you'd be willing to share your settings I'll see if I've got something set wrong. I really like BI but I never had these kinds of issues with Zoneminder or tinyCam. :(
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

My Wyze cams are running on the 4.28.4.40 demo.bin except for one on the .41 bin. A couple days ago I checked on updates and could not even find the above to download.
In setting up on BI, I entered the IP, name and password and clicked the FIND/INSPECT button and let it fill in the blanks but had to enter /live in the path box.
How is the Foscam vs the Amcrest?

Here are a couple of pics of the setup

https://s110.photobucket.com/user/broac ... 2.png.html
https://s110.photobucket.com/user/broac ... 1.png.html
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

broachoski wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:26 amMy Wyze cams are running on the 4.28.4.40 demo.bin except for one on the .41 bin. A couple days ago I checked on updates and could not even find the above to download.
Both of mine are on 4.19.4.48, which it claims is the latest (??) according to the FW Upgrade screen in the WyzeBeta app. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to do a manual upgrade to the cams.

broachoski wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:26 amHow is the Foscam vs the Amcrest?
They're both good overall. I've had the Amcrest longer but I think I prefer the Foscam due to it's form factor- it's basically a cylinder (plus side antenna) while the Amcrest has a base that protrudes out from the body about 1/2" which seems like an awkward design to me. I think the Amcrest is a little shorter than the Foscam but not by much.

The Amcrest has no external antenna, and although the camera works fine I suspect that it may have a shorter wifi range than the Foscam. I haven't done any testing so that's just speculation on my part.

Operationally they're both reliable and well built. One minor gripe about the Foscam is that there's supposed to be a way to set its power-up preset "home" position for the pan and tilt, but I don't see any way to set it in the app. If mine loses power, when the power comes back it ends up pointing at the ceiling.

Here are a couple of pics of the setup
https://s110.photobucket.com/user/broac ... 2.png.html
https://s110.photobucket.com/user/broac ... 1.png.html
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try these and see what happens.

What are your thoughts on BI 4 versus BI 5? I have BI 5 running but was wondering if it made any sense to try running BI 4 (?)
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

I cant seem to get the xxxx.41 update from wyze as I misplaced mine. I do have the 4.28.4.40 and will get it to you if you want it. I have no experience with BI4 as I bought version 5 after getting the WYZE bug and have moved to POE cameras. BI is a slow learning experience and I really like it.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Yes, if you could get me the 4.28.4.40 I'd reflash the cameras and see if it helps. Thank you!

broachoski wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 am I cant seem to get the xxxx.41 update from wyze as I misplaced mine. I do have the 4.28.4.40 and will get it to you if you want it. I have no experience with BI4 as I bought version 5 after getting the WYZE bug and have moved to POE cameras. BI is a slow learning experience and I really like it.
rfknapik

Post by rfknapik »

What do I use for a user name for setting up a wyze cam v2 in BI 5. I only have en email address and password.

Ron
TimG

Post by TimG »

Wyze RTSP is no longer supported by Wyze because its hardware cannot handle RTSP and their main goal which is P2P.
It sounds like these cams are one firmware update away from losing BI access via rtsp. Time to stop upgrading them, and to isolate them from the internet :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
fugere

Post by fugere »

Hi Newbie to this forum,

But long-time BI home user, have been using a wired Foscam for years (works like a champ) just added a bunch of Wyze cams and did the RTSP update and had all working in BI nicely for a couple of days now nothing but Socket errors. I am upgrading my wifi to a Mesh network, since I am attributing it to weak signals. Am I wasting my time and money trying to get these cheap but nice cams working with BI??