Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

mutiger

Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

Post by mutiger »

I've used Blue Iris for years and recently moved it to a newer PC I assembled myself (an i9-9900bk, Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard, 32gb, Nvidia 1080 graphics) running Windows 10 Pro. I'm up to 26 cameras so my older Dell couldn't keep up even with an average frame rate of 7fps. I never had this issue running on the Dell and I have another Blue Iris installation that has also never had this problem. This new one has no trouble handling all the cameras except the web server refuses to accept connections after a random amount of time. It doesn't matter if I run as a service or run the interface, eventually the server will not work. It seemed to last longer running the interface and sometimes it would last a week without dying but now it usually can't make it through a day. Blue Iris continues to run fine and records events normally but it won't accept any connections to the web server even on the Blue Iris PC itself. If I shut down the program and restart, it'll work fine again. When I run the wizard while it's not working, it always shows a problem with HTTP - Web request: 120002 error. And again, if I simply restart Blue Iris, it'll work fine again and no errors will show up on any of the wizard pages. I've tried uninstalling Blue Iris and reinstalling to no avail. I've tried different ports. canyouseeme.org always shows my port open. My external IP address has changed several times which previously never occurred so that also is odd, but that shouldn't affect not being able to run locally and it certainly isn't changing every day. My internal IP address on the cam pc is static and I've tried changing that to no avail. I don't see any weird events in my event viewer. The fact that it works simply by restarting the program is the most puzzling part. The PC hardly has anything else installed on it as it was a fresh install on a new drive. I did move my old drives over but Windows and Blue Iris along with the DB are installed on a new 1TB nvme m.2 ssd drive. It all works fantastically well, until it doesn't. Virus check (Win Defender) is always clean, but I've done nothing else with this PC except install Blue Iris and cam finder apps, so I can't imagine I have a virus or malware. CPU utilization is usually 20-30%. Disk space is fine. Memory usage is 6GB out of 32. I haven't seen anybody else with this problem. What the heck could be causing this?
nevadacams

Re: Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

Post by nevadacams »

I am experiencing this same exact issue on 2 of my Blue Iris installations that I recently upgraded from version 4 to version 5.

We are a well established IT company and have several dozen Blue Iris installations out there that are all extremely stable with the exception of the 2 that we recently upgraded to version 5.

Like you, when we can no longer connect via the Blue Iris app or UI3/web browser, restarting Blue Iris corrects the issue. No PC reboot is necessary. None of our installations use an antivirus or firewall, and we've confirmed with packet monitors that the appropriate TCP port is hitting the machine while this is happening, so we're able to rule out any router or network issues that may be causing this.

Luckily, Blue Iris continues to record and function perfectly (aside from app & UI3 access) while this is happening, so our customers that depend on recording aren't losing anything.

We're hoping this issue is corrected in a future BI update, or someone figures out what is causing it.

If anyone discovers a fix or work-around, please post is here.
mutiger

Post by mutiger »

It's nice to know I'm not alone. This has to be a bug of some sort which apparently only affects a small subset of users and it does appear to be a BI 5 problem. My other install is still version 4 and works fine, although my problems didn't start until after I upgraded the PC, but maybe it has nothing to do with that.

But anyway, I think I've found a work-around, albeit not ideal. I installed Blue Iris Tools (blueiristools.com) and have it monitoring the web server. When it crashes, it restarts Blue Iris. It happened the first time this morning and worked like a champ. It sent me an email and restarted Blue Iris which got it going again without me having to do anything. This software should not be necessary but it does actually work. It's an okay band-aid for now and it's free.
DDTex

Post by DDTex »

I am experiencing a similar issue and I have reported it to support.. The problem I am experiencing is that when my BI server PC boots (with BI configured to run as a service) and I do not log in to the PC or run the admin console, I cannot get the login screen when I access BI via my phone. If I then log in to the server PC and launch the BI user interface (console) and THEN attempt to log in to the web server, it works just fine.
This indeed seems to be a bug in BI 5 that was not present in BI 4.. I should note that I have BI configured to start up with a red shield (alerts turned off) due to excessive false triggers when the wind is blowing and the sun is out (tree shadows).

I hope that BI fixes this problems ASAP as is can be a REAL ISSUE if the power goes out and your server reboots when power is restored since you may not be home to log in to the BI console at that point and are left with no access to your security system. :cry:
carson5

Post by carson5 »

I am also having this same issue, it started with a recent update. I have also contacted support and am waiting on a response...
miko15851

Post by miko15851 »

Any solutions? I've been having the same problem. Didn't think it would be a Blue Iris issues and have been going crazy tinkering with my firewall and router settings. Can't think of it being anything else other then a Blue Iris issue.
cbunting

Post by cbunting »

Same issue here, fails randomly after a day or three... anyone have a fix?
nevadacams

Post by nevadacams »

Unfortunately, I am still experiencing this same issue at 2 of our recently upgraded v5 sites. Blue Iris will run perfectly for hours or days, and then stop accepting phone/PC connections on the web server. Simply shutting BI down and starting it back up fixes the issue, but my customers have a meltdown in the interim. I have about two dozen other customers running v4 without issue, and I don't want to upgrade these to v5 until I know this issue is resolved. For us, Blue Iris Tools does not successfully recognize that the server is not accepting connections, so this isn't a good workaround for us. If anyone discovers a fix or workaround, please post it here!

Good luck everyone!
IAmN0t5ur3

Post by IAmN0t5ur3 »

I just wanted to add on this. Having the same issues, I cannot say how long it takes before it starts happening but I had it happen yesterday and have been updating each time it happens. I checked using netstat and saw the port connected vs listening. The app would not load anything however, As soon as the program is open bam it works again.

I am using pulseway to monitor the service so its not crashing or not running as I would get an alert. I just used netplwiz to auto login the user and run the screensaver after a minute to lock the pc to see if this helps any.

Just updated to the latest version but is anyone seeing issues on the latest or heard anything back about this?

I have other Bi4's running just fine.
marcusrm

Post by marcusrm »

Just wanted to say I'm also experiencing this problem. Running on a new installation of BI5 on a machine with 3rd gen Intel i3 8G of ram, monitoring 5 cameras.