Upgraded from BI 4 to BI 5

Retired

Upgraded from BI 4 to BI 5

Post by Retired »

OK I have been with BI 4 since it came out, and for the most part Im happy with it except for the large amount of triggers from bugs at night and bright sun and clouds casting shadows leading up to a large alarm videos. and even then I can handle it. Hardest is when Im traveling and my system is getting loaded up with huge files. So I got the extended service installed the BI 5 hoping the claim of less false triggers was possible. While I do not claim to be any kind of expert I do know when stuff does not work right. So asking for help here or a point in the right direction. My cameras came over to BI 5 without issue, and while I tinkered with the new stuff as setting it didn't seem I got any less false triggers, but the part after it's trigged does stop sooner then the BI 4 did. Then I realized something when was wrong. when I used the pan and tilt the camera didn't move at all. so it tried all that has pan and tilt, none moved . BUT when you go back to full screen the cameras shows it had moved. Then it hit me, all my screens are not live but rather like a still shot of when I go back to full monitor screen of all cams. I have looked and read and cannot find info about this, got a letter into support, but nothing yet! Any help would be appreciated.
RandyZ

Re: Upgraded from BI 4 to BI 5

Post by RandyZ »

I watched a youtube video yesterday from HomeTech on Zone Crossing. I am wondering if that would reduce your false positives. Not sure if I can post a link but will try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVmWMFbT7s
RandyZ

Re: Upgraded from BI 4 to BI 5

Post by RandyZ »

Have you tried Zone Crossing? I just saw a video yesterday on YouTube from HomeTech that used that to reduce the number of false positives. I just tried to post a reply with a link and it didn't show, so will not add the link to this post. Hope that helps