BlueIris and Codeproject AI

jensie

Re: BlueIris and Codeproject AI

Post by jensie »

After a full reinstall of BI and Codeproject.ai it starts to work...
Still getting a lot of positives that aren't picked up, mostly on the person detection.

I've not added anything in the custom Models field, as I don't know what to put. Can someone advice here, I want to check persons, cats, dogs, cars, bicycles and moterbikes.

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 19.22.43.png
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 19.22.43.png (223.39 KiB) Viewed 12199 times
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 19.21.22.png
Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 19.21.22.png (242.34 KiB) Viewed 12199 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Do you still have "Save AI analysis details" checked ? If so, you can view the DAT file from a successful Alert video by holding Ctrl while you double click the video. That tells you exactly what BI5 and CPAI are doing.

The BI5 Log is best viewed by setting it to a text file, as it tries to amalgamate things in the general view. It only creates one file a month, so I leave it on desktop, and manually dump them in a folder later. This Log file will show line by line what BI5 was doing.

Together these will give you the info you need.

If you have no custom model specified for a camera, then you are using the default model "Objects". General settings/ AI would have "Default Object detection" checked. The DAT file will show you are using "Objects". I would get it working with this before you go much further.

The models will only detect things that are pre-trained in that model. The default model covers everything from broccoli to kitchen sinks, which quite simply are of little use for cctv surveillance. MikeLuds custom models cut out a lot of these items, and are hence faster. If you add something to "To confirm" that doesn't exist in the model - or even spell it incorrectly - it will barf and won't tell you. I can't find the list of "labels" in the default model, but MikeLuds models are on Github, and have these labels:

IPcam-combined Labels: - person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-general Labels (includes dark models images): - person, vehicle

IPcam-animal Labels: - bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-dark Labels: - Bicycle, Bus, Car, Cat, Dog, Motorcycle, Person

license-plate Labels: - DayPlate, NightPlate

Plate Label: - Plate

So now you would uncheck the default model in General settings/AI, and for the camera add the model required. Have a look here at the CPAI website for basic details.

PS> You have a gap between labels in your "To confirm" list between a comma and car. So easy to do. This also broke the system with previous versions of BI5 and CPAI so may still be true. Delete the gap and see if it starts detecting - then let us know if that still breaks it !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Sireone

Post by Sireone »

This should probably be posted on the CPAI forums, but does anyone know how to prevent CPAI from detecting Christmas lawn inflatables as person? Getting 100s of alerts and not sure if it's possible to ignore certain detections.
louyo

Post by louyo »

>>CPAI from detecting Christmas lawn inflatables as person?
Pardon me for laughing...
Use a separate zone for alerts and mask out some/all of the area where the inflatables are.
Alternatively, I guess you could create your own person module.
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

TimG wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:06 pm Do you still have "Save AI analysis details" checked ? If so, you can view the DAT file from a successful Alert video by holding Ctrl while you double click the video. That tells you exactly what BI5 and CPAI are doing.

The BI5 Log is best viewed by setting it to a text file, as it tries to amalgamate things in the general view. It only creates one file a month, so I leave it on desktop, and manually dump them in a folder later. This Log file will show line by line what BI5 was doing.

Together these will give you the info you need.

If you have no custom model specified for a camera, then you are using the default model "Objects". General settings/ AI would have "Default Object detection" checked. The DAT file will show you are using "Objects". I would get it working with this before you go much further.

The models will only detect things that are pre-trained in that model. The default model covers everything from broccoli to kitchen sinks, which quite simply are of little use for cctv surveillance. MikeLuds custom models cut out a lot of these items, and are hence faster. If you add something to "To confirm" that doesn't exist in the model - or even spell it incorrectly - it will barf and won't tell you. I can't find the list of "labels" in the default model, but MikeLuds models are on Github, and have these labels:

IPcam-combined Labels: - person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-general Labels (includes dark models images): - person, vehicle

IPcam-animal Labels: - bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-dark Labels: - Bicycle, Bus, Car, Cat, Dog, Motorcycle, Person

license-plate Labels: - DayPlate, NightPlate

Plate Label: - Plate

So now you would uncheck the default model in General settings/AI, and for the camera add the model required. Have a look here at the CPAI website for basic details.

PS> You have a gap between labels in your "To confirm" list between a comma and car. So easy to do. This also broke the system with previous versions of BI5 and CPAI so may still be true. Delete the gap and see if it starts detecting - then let us know if that still breaks it !
there is no custom models for coral yet
TimG

Post by TimG »

Well spotted. Is it waiting for MikeLud ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
nothinger

Post by nothinger »

TimG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:00 pm Well spotted. Is it waiting for MikeLud ?
Yes, I've been following him on github, he said he is working on it