One Camera That Won't Stay at a PTZ Preset - Help Needed

TomClark

One Camera That Won't Stay at a PTZ Preset - Help Needed

Post by TomClark »

I have five cameras and 3 different models. Only one of them has this behavior: After 20 to 25 seconds it always returns to PTZ Preset 1, If I change Preset 1 position, it will stay locked in it's new PTZ Preset 1 position.

I am not using schedules yet.

So my basic workaround now is to -- for example -- select Driveway (Preset 3) then also lock the camera into that spot by setting it also to Preset 1, then if I switch to the Doorway (Preset 2) I will then save that as Preset 1 to lock it in place.

So I have labeled Preset 1 to LOCKME, as a reminder to always lock the camera to Preset 1.

It's frustrating to have to do this especially because when I go to preset 2 or 3 BI doesn't show LOCKME in the little pop down window, it shows me Driveway or Doorway. So my reminder trick only works after I have reset Preset 1. Well, I guess I get a reminder if I use the pop-down list switch the cameras or go through the right-click context menu to grab a preset. But, rather than keep pulling out the remaining hairs on my head out, I'd like to remedy this properly. :D

Any help much appreciated.
MikeBwca

Re: One Camera That Won't Stay at a PTZ Preset - Help Needed

Post by MikeBwca »

Even though your not using Schedules, are you using 'Event Schedule'? This has 'Search Back' that will reset according the the commands every 30 seconds - if not on a specific time & 'Relative to Sunrise/Sunset'.

A method that I've used in the past is to 'Import' from a camera that does work. Then change the specific model settings. You do do this in a 'Cone of the camera. If successful, delete the Master and set the clone as the master and use that.