A lot of 0sec clips in FTP queue

Dixit

A lot of 0sec clips in FTP queue

Post by Dixit »

Lately been noticing a ton of 0sec clips in the FTP queue. Problem this causes is that the queue just stops working and refuses to FTP until you remove the 0sec clip from the queue.

I brought this up to support and they referenced an article on this but I can’t find it now for the life of me. I have an isolated network and all cameras have 1.0 key. Everything else is 100% solid.

Just been noticing tons of 0sec clips for some reason lately. I have no clue when this started and if it’s due to newer version of BI. But hard to pinpoint since I just found out it’s been happening for a month now.
Tinman

Re: A lot of 0sec clips in FTP queue

Post by Tinman »

I had this on 2 of my cams. I just added 1 more second to my pre-trigger video buffer from 1 to 2. It does work with your I-frame setting in camera as mine also is set to 1.

Screenshot 2022-01-05 114558.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-05 114558.jpg (155.62 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Yea unfortunately that didnt do anything. I was already at 5secs, so changed it to 4sec and still seeing a number of 0sec clips enter my FTP backup queue.
I wish BlueIris would ignore these or proceed anyways through the FTP queue, the file itself is not 0bytes, it should still be able to FTP it.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

this is talked about here on the forum...way at the bottom:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2305

look for this:
Screenshot 2022-01-08 171546.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-08 171546.jpg (243.66 KiB) Viewed 2605 times
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Thanks @Tinman, thats the one I was looking for.

What sucks is none of this applies. Everything was fine up until a month or two ago. My keyframes been solid since I watch that heavily given that Im using DeepStack. Definitely dont have storage issues. Pretrigger was 5secs on it before i turned it down to 4secs to see what happened and that didnt change.

Tinman

Post by Tinman »

same with me, I never use to have any issues withthe "0" sec clips, but it only happened on 2 of my 16 cams and like you mine all show /1.00 on the key frame. So by going by the article I added some time on my pre trigger buffer and the 2 troubled cams and it fixed mine. Mine are only 2MP cams though. Are you getting these on all your cams ?
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Unfortunately it’s basically across all of them. I can’t say it’s more on one or another. Thought it was a set of cameras (since I got three main modes of cams). But it’s across all of them. It happens more on the top of the hour where it creates a new file (since it’s set to 1hr clips).
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

yes, that is same time I was getting the 0 sec clips, during the ending and beginning of the hour clips. I would try to send support a message, hopefully they can help you out.
static

Post by static »

Hello everyone,

I have the same 0sec recording problem appearing lately, after a few months of not having any problems.

Contacted support, pointed me to the keyframes, but mine is already at "1" - had pre-trigger buffer set at 3secs and now switched to 5secs after finding this thread - hopefully this will fix the problem that I guess was introduced with some recent update.

One other thing though - how do we get rid of all the 0secs (no file) recordings of the past?
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Yea mine hasn’t resolved. It’s still happening.

Only way to remove 0sec in past is to go through the list and either remove them or delete them.

For me I’ve given up which isn’t good. Haven’t heard anything from support. Nothing I’ve tried fixes it. It’s definitely from a recent update for sure.