A lot of 0sec clips in FTP queue

static

Re: A lot of 0sec clips in FTP queue

Post by static »

Unfortunately, the pre-trigger buffer switch to 5secs did not resolve this problem for me.

I'm kinda dissapointed on the support for this, as having good support is essential for this kind of software. The frequency of updates and added functionality is welcome even though problems appearing is not and while understandable that something can come up, situations like this should b resolved and supported.
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

Something tells me I may get pointed to the same original help article about making sure it’s 1.0 iframe and prerecord buffer even though I made it clear all that is in place.

It’s definitely annoying. I mainly use this cause I truly offload all my footage off to a remote location. No other clean way to do this that I have found. That’s why I used the ftp backup method that was built in to BI to help offload all that to a remote location.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

how do we get rid of all the 0secs (no file) recordings of the past?
You don't. Let your retention policy in clips & archiving manage it. Manually deleting stuff is not advised and risks screwing up the database - ask me how I know. Clips and archiving is set it and forget it, and the database always knows where everything is.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

YrbkMgr wrote:
how do we get rid of all the 0secs (no file) recordings of the past?
You don't. Let your retention policy in clips & archiving manage it. Manually deleting stuff is not advised and risks screwing up the database - ask me how I know. Clips and archiving is set it and forget it, and the database always knows where everything is.
I don’t disagree with this. I never deleted it entirely.

But in the FTP queue when it was just a handful, using the option of just removing it from the queue was the right option since it’s not destructive in any way. It just removed it from that FTP queue. But when there are now 100s across a list of 1000 it makes it near impossible. It’s like whack a mole. I tried to keep up with it for a few days and eventually just gave up. Hopefully this get addressed and they can acknowledge it’s an issue vs canned responses of making sure iframe is 1.0 and pre record buffer is high enough. In the mean time I’m going to try some script or third party tool method to sync files across FTP or similar. I just want it offloaded remotely in case the worst happens.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You know what man... I don't know what I was thinking... I completely spaced that it was the FTP queue. I'm sorry.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.