Cameras Not Recording Primary High Quality Stream

bco2003

Cameras Not Recording Primary High Quality Stream

Post by bco2003 »

Hello,

I'm a new Blue Iris user so am still familiarizing myself with everything. I have setup the primary/main & sub-stream for all of my cameras. I have the understanding that Blue Iris would utilize the lower bit rate substream for real-time motion detection & such, but the main/high quality stream would be the stream recorded to disk.

That is not occurring for my cameras. When I playback from a recorded stream within the BI app, or make an export, the lower quality sub-stream is played and exported instead of the main stream.

I am confident the main stream works from the cameras, because when I select an individual camera with the "main stream when solo/full screen" option is selected, it shows the main stream. I've attached the relevant screenshots showing my configs. I'm also using the "Direct-to-disc" option.

Would appreciate anyone's assistance!

MikeLud

Re: Cameras Not Recording Primary High Quality Stream

Post by MikeLud »

The main stream only records when there is a trigger
Screenshot 2021-10-22 184026.jpg
Screenshot 2021-10-22 184026.jpg (179.08 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
bco2003

Post by bco2003 »

Got it, appreciate the quick response!
jhankins

Post by jhankins »

If you choose a recording type other than "Continuous+Triggered" or "Continuous+Alerts" the "Record dual-streams if available" option becomes active and if you uncheck it, it results in the behavior you describe - the sub stream is available in Live View and is used for motion detection, but the main stream is recorded (you can verify during clip playback that the "Use sub stream if available" checkbox doesn't do anything, your playback will be main stream only.)

I just tested this on a clone of a camera and verified the behavior, running 5.5.1.16.