auto-tracking option for ptz cameras

tlex

auto-tracking option for ptz cameras

Post by tlex »

Hi,

I do have a bunch of escam pvr002 cam. I like these cheap camera image quality vs $ ... Even if I have to really secure them behind a good firewall !
But what I would like to achieve is to use BI in order to follow the motion whenever there is motion (sort of "auto-tracking" feature that some higher-end camera have...)

Is there any way to do so ? addon plugins or something ?

Aarya579

Re: auto-tracking option for ptz cameras

Post by Aarya579 »

I am looking for the same thing,if you figure it out please reply and I shall do the same.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Unfortunately Blue Iris does not have an option for auto tracking for PTZ camera. There once was a product called Track-IT that was developed by a third party that worked with Blue Iris, but the developer has stopped all development many years ago. Your best option is finding a PTZ with auto tracking built into the camera.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
PunjabiStatus

Post by PunjabiStatus »

I am looking for the Same type please reply me
TimG

Post by TimG »

I know that iSpy could do this with very basic PTZ's, as I had it going with a Motorola device based on a baby cam a few years ago.

I can't help wondering if BI5's new edge vector detection is a method of working out which direction something is moving in :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
zejulios

Post by zejulios »

I also have some PVR002 but I'm unable to use PTZ on BI, even if it detects the presets...
Can you please share your config?

Thanks!