Alerts not showing in list but are recording

captjohn25

Re: Alerts not showing in list but are recording

Post by captjohn25 »

Yet again I have a camera that is no longer flagging alerts. I have emailed the support email and got a response to setup TeamViewer and email the login info with the password set to permanent so it won't change. You really expect someone to send via unsecure email complete login info with no time restrictions? I guess that security is not an issue even though BI is mainly for security. I really want to work with you to resolve this problem but cannot leave my system open to the world. How can we setup a time where we can both be on the system together to look into this issue?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This is a user forum,. BI may read these, but do not reply via the forum.

In the past I've setup a special BI User ID for support. I enable it when I know they will remote in. Send them a response that you'll setup an ID for them and enable it during the period they say they will remote in. You can even have it push you notifications when that userid logs in/out so that you know.

The think about TV is that they would have access to your desktop, not just BI. That I don't like - not that they would do anything... but still.
They may want to use TV to check other things than BI, like your system.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’ve also noticed something similar on my system but for me it only seems to affect 2 of my cams. Both are Dahua 5442T, one is a fixed lens, the other a ZE. Both are setup for external triggers via ONVIF with no BI motion detection enabled. Both cams are also cloned with the cloned cams setup with BI motion detection.

Wondering if there’s any similarity with others that have seen this issue?

A restart of the BI service and all is good, I now tend to check everyday to see if the postman has triggered an alert so that I can easily spot when alerts aren’t being raised.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

In terms of giving remote access to support, only you can decide if you’re happy with doing this. Me personally, I’d have no issues with doing this for the reasons below.

BI doesn’t have an official list of cams that it supports and PC configuration that you run it on, this presents a huge issue as in essence everybody’s config will be unique. Quite a few people have given support remote access to troubleshoot issues.

If support can’t reproduce the issue then it’s very difficult to pin point the cause of the issue and therefore implement a fix.

Debugging the issue on an affected system will likely be the quickest way to identify and fix the issue.

Remember you can always uninstall/disable TW when support have finished.