Updates Basic Expired?

Nobber

Updates Basic Expired?

Post by Nobber »

Just checking I bought the basic BlueIris licence V5 once the support licence has expired I stop getting updates is this correct?

If so I need to buy a support package to continue getting updates?
Matts1984

Re: Updates Basic Expired?

Post by Matts1984 »

Correct. Without renewing the license it will continue to function as long as you don't update. If you want any degree of an update though, you do need to renew.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
Nobber

Post by Nobber »

ok thanks
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Don't you still get minor updates?
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

HeneryH wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:21 pm Don't you still get minor updates?
I'd like to know too. They need a Policy page of sorts about that.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I have my license renewing and have never had it technically lapse but I was reasonably confident based on comments on here that the change a year ago was that you couldn't get ANY updates. I could be mistaken on this and I'm sure others on here know definitively.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

YrbkMgr wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm
HeneryH wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:21 pm Don't you still get minor updates?
I'd like to know too. They need a Policy page of sorts about that.
In BI4 I did. I am still in service contract now as I only recently upgraded to BI4.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Matts1984 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:49 am I have my license renewing and have never had it technically lapse but I was reasonably confident based on comments on here that the change a year ago was that you couldn't get ANY updates. I could be mistaken on this and I'm sure others on here know definitively.
Just thinking out loud.... I'm happy to pay to receive additional functionality via updates, but having to pay for bug fixes and performance improvements, etc... ?? I mean, is it fair that unless a user pays for a service plan, they don't get bug fixes?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I allowed one of my BI5 support plans to lapse a few months ago, and the default behaviour had changed from the last time I did this. Previously you could happily update with no support plan to find you were now in demo mode. This time it wouldn't let me update at all, which I think is much better.

As for paying every year, I'm happy to do so, as it has clearly allowed BI5 to improve dramatically since it was launched. Sub-streams and Deepstack come to mind. Keep up the good work Ken :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.