Can anyone see anything wrong with this ?

Rickity

Can anyone see anything wrong with this ?

Post by Rickity »

Just using on camera one zone.
Zone Bmarked out area for detection
Zone A full mask
Object crosses Zones B
as per instructions on forum Gotcha 2: Front door camera
yet still objects are getting triggered from Zone A the main road ?
min contrast 45 min onbject 250
using Edge Vector
any help apprciated thank you.
Ricky
Attachments
okjects.jpg
okjects.jpg (27.53 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
zoneb.jpg
zoneb.jpg (60.44 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
zonea.jpg
zonea.jpg (52.75 KiB) Viewed 3650 times
Rickity

Re: Can anyone see anything wrong with this ?

Post by Rickity »

Thank you!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Can't find the thread on that forum - I didn't try to hard. When referencing another forum's specific thread, please provide a direct link to it.

How can you have a zone crossing on only one zone 'B'?
Confusing.

What are you trying to get? When someone enters your driveway?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

MikeBwca wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 pm How can you have a zone crossing on only one zone 'B'?
Confusing.
I wondered the same thing but I think it just means any border crossing of B. Regardless of which other zone it came from.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

According tot he BI manual, if you have only 1 zone... it's 'A' by default (if I'm reading that correctly).

If your only using one zone, there is no need for the 'Object crosses' field to be filled. It will trigger by default according to the 'Motion Sensor' settings.

Does anyone know if there's any benefit of specifying 1 zone for 'Object crosses'?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Well, by definition it will ignore motion that is contained within the zone. So if you have a fluttering flag completely within Zone A then it will never trigger an A-only border crossing.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

ic. But then, why even have the onw zone?

If there are other zones, why not just un-mask the fluttering flag?

6, or, 1/2 dozen
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

That was just an example. How about a dog in the front yard. You'd want people entering the yard but not the dog in the yard.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

what about moles! lol
Rickity

Post by Rickity »

I see Henry gets the drift of it...you have to have a zone defined in object crosses zone A single zone B does the same or C just a single zone, I have obviously tried using A as the default mask zone and B as my trigger zone if you leave it empty it does not work at all.. buy walking into the zone technicaly you are crossing to the set zone.I have spend hours playing with it only way to get it to not have motion triggered in the mask is to delete it but then you get triggers / pictures starting from the knees down at first.Sams looking into it with some files I sent him.. There is a post on the forum showing how to setup a single zone and how to configure it using A as the whole screen mask and B as the monitored area unfortunately, that does not work it still sees motion in the mask zone A despite A not being set active anyware...Oh and as for "When referencing another forum's specific thread, please provide a direct link to it" its on this forum "https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... =12&t=2485" Gotcha 2: Front door camera.
" So if you have a fluttering flag completely within Zone A then it will never trigger an A-only border crossing." Thats the problem I would still get a motion trigger like "Motion_AB or motion _BA" depending what zone I use as a mask and motion zone.
Thank you for your replies
Ricky