Noob Alert!

Facials

Noob Alert!

Post by Facials »

Hello all, I bought my first camera a few days ago and over the weekend I mounted it and it's been running smoothly with blue Iris, when I was searching for a camera that would fit my needs and reading reviews everyone kept talking about blue Iris, so I did a little research and found out most camera software that comes free with a camera usually suck. As soon as I mounted the camera I purchased blue Iris, I found out last night that you need to have a dedicated computer on all the time to be able to use blue Iris on other devices, I have a few noob questions I'm hoping someone could answer for me,1 can you use a tablet as a server device? 2 is there a way to have blue Iris running on two desktops at the same time one of them of course is the server and another desktop in my room? That is it for now, I would really appreciate any help or info with this thank you. I am going to bed now I'll probably have more questions tomorrow :D
MikeBwca

Re: Noob Alert!

Post by MikeBwca »

- BI on 2 desktops: Yes, but you would need 2 licenses. One for each computer.

- You can use the webserver to stream. Then use your desktop/laptop/tablet/phone to view using BI's UI3. The phone app is very good.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Facials,

Yes, we will attempt to answer any questions that you have.

1. BI5 needs to run on a Windows pc with some horsepower. The more cameras you have, the more powerful pc you will need. It does indeed need to run 24/7.
2. Two desktops ? If you mean to run BI5 on one desktop, and view it on another networked desktop pc, then yes, it will do that (with one BI licence). I use the "UI3" web browser client on windows pc's - included in the BI5 purchase price. There are also android and AOs clients for phones and tablets at extra cost.

Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Facials

Post by Facials »

Thank you both so much, both of your posts helped me get BI up and running smoothly, everything is the way I need it to be now :D