Nvidia decodes only 3/16 cams

Sparks

Nvidia decodes only 3/16 cams

Post by Sparks »

I have an issue with the nVidia decoding. I am running several cams on BI5 with a GTX770 as the graphics card. The stats show there are only a couple of cams using hardware decoding. See pic. In the cameras settings I select Nvidia/Any then close the settings but when I reopen the settings and look at it it shows no hardware decoding is being used. Is there some Nvidia utility that I need to configure this with ?

Cap12.PNG
Cap12.PNG (50.05 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
MikeBwca

Re: Nvidia decodes only 3/16 cams

Post by MikeBwca »

When you say Cameras settings... do you mean the actual BI camera's settings and not the BI Settings/Camera?

Also, when you say you 'Close' the settings... There are two ways to close...
1. OK - Exits and Saves the changes you've made.
2. Cancel - Exits without saving the changes you've made. If you do not see your changes when you go back into settings... could it be you are clicking Cancel instead of OK?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks @MikeBwca, By Settings I am referring to each of cameras settings tab not the BI/Settings/Camera tab. I am hitting Ok not Cancel.

The BI/Settings/Camera tab has the Nvidia selected as shown here
decode1.PNG
decode1.PNG (39.82 KiB) Viewed 2644 times

For this Driveway cam you see I have the Nvidia decoding selected and it shows on the Stats as N enabled.
decode2.PNG
decode2.PNG (51 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
In this next pic, the Doorbell cam won't allow me to set it to Nvidia. When I do and hit OK, I see the cam in the Stats page goes red for a second and N briefly appears under the hardware decoding but then disappears as the camera restarts. When I reopen the doorbell cameras settings the decoder option is reported as "Hardware Decode: NO " Nor will it allow me to set it to Default. The setting simply does not stick so to speak. Leaving me with the result below. It will allow me to set it to DirectX but not Nvidia.
Decode3.PNG
Decode3.PNG (49.8 KiB) Viewed 2644 times

If hardware decoding is enabled for all cameras do the stats show that all cameras have it enabled?
I need to determine if this is some kind of hardware or memory limitation or configuration issue.
Anyone out there have more than 4 cameras showing the stats as all cams using Nvidia decoding ?

Thanks for any help.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Sparks wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:39 am If hardware decoding is enabled for all cameras do the stats show that all cameras have it enabled?
Yes, but only if the cameras settings is set to Hardware decode of 'Default'. Still, each camera can have it's Hardware decode set uniquely.

Sparks wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:39 am Anyone out there have more than 4 cameras showing the stats as all cams using Nvidia decoding ?
Yes, I have Nvidia set in BI settings, and , all my cameras set to default. Also, check 'Also BVR'. It should use gpu and save you a little cpu.