No Signal on cameras

nandobarreto

No Signal on cameras

Post by nandobarreto »

Hi, I just bought blue iris ant it's an amazing software, but i'm facing a problem, after days trying to solve, I couldnt.
I have 6 cameras, bought from china hikvision compatible, this model exactly: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001086 ... 4c4dpEnMyv

They work fine and the image is good, but for some reason the stop to work only on blue iris, some will stop for hours, others work for days with no problem.

I think the problem isnt my network, I can ping to the ip address without any problem.

When I use the hikvision software, all the cameras work flawless.
some configs may help to find the problem:

I'm running on a Lenovo T440, with specs:
i5 4300u
8gb ram
ssd 500 gb

On Blue Iris:
As service
camera with hardware decode: intel + vpp
No overlays
recording only when triggered
cameras configurated as Hikvision DS-2cdxxxxx RTSP and ports as configured on the cameras (I chance for each camera)

Network:
A router + a switch, both TPLink, gigabit.
All Cables Cat 5e.
Hilikus

Re: No Signal on cameras

Post by Hilikus »

This could still be something related to your network. You say "stop to work only on blue iris", so you can't access them from blue iris but they do work if you are accessing them from browser?
jpauljohnson

Post by jpauljohnson »

Same problem, but with ReoLink cameras. I don't think it's your network. I can use a browser or the ReoLink Windows Client and I don't have any problem monitoring the cameras. If you discover a BI setting that fixes this, I'd love to know it. Good Luck.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

When the cameras stop working, how do you get them to work again?

- Does the BI right-click 'Reset' get it to work? This is basically Disable/Enable.
- Do you Power off/on the camera to get it to work in BI?

Until this is resolved, you could Temporarily use the 'Watchdog' setting of each camera to detect loss of signal. Then, issue a camera restart on signal loss. This should get the camera working again in BI.
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

Hilikus wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 am This could still be something related to your network. You say "stop to work only on blue iris", so you can't access them from blue iris but they do work if you are accessing them from browser?
They only stop to work on BI.
The hikvision app works flawless, on the web browser too.

In the end I manage to make it work now, but IDK why blue iris show only on low res (sub stream).
nandobarreto

Post by nandobarreto »

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:17 am When the cameras stop working, how do you get them to work again?

- Does the BI right-click 'Reset' get it to work? This is basically Disable/Enable.
- Do you Power off/on the camera to get it to work in BI?

Until this is resolved, you could Temporarily use the 'Watchdog' setting of each camera to detect loss of signal. Then, issue a camera restart on signal loss. This should get the camera working again in BI.
No matter what I do, they wont go back, it's kind of random, sometimes comes back alone.
I have 6 camers, 3 work almost all the time, 3 dont.