Problem with BI5 locking MP4 file

teredactle

Problem with BI5 locking MP4 file

Post by teredactle »

I'm having an issue, since version 5.27.12, every time I've upgraded after this version I have had this problem. Until a couple of days ago I've been on 5.27.12 but decided to update to the latest thinking this issue is resolved, but it's still there.

Issue:
I use an old iPhone6 with a RTSP server, and capture the video based on motion trigger.
Works very very well (up to v 5.27.12).
Once I turn off the phone, BI would close out the file shortly after, I can then rename the file, move it out of the folder, etc.

However, once I move off 5.27.12 to a newer version, I have tried several (now on 5.3.6.7) versions and it's problematic.
After I turn off the phone BI does NOT close the file, I cannot rename it, or move it, windows tells me file is in use.
I have to log into the BI system, open camera properties, do nothing, click OK, which send a "CUT" message, and then the file lock is released.

What's up with this behaviour? NOTHING has changed in the camera definition. I have

-end trigger unless retriggered 10s
-combine or cut video OFF

Would love to use the new version, but I will need to roll back because of this major issue. I also capture on my personal phone in the same way (Android), was working just fine on 5.27.12, all versions after I tried (including the current) lock the file.

Would love to hear a solution on this, I'm very very frustrated.
Thanks
teredactle

Re: Problem with BI5 locking MP4 file

Post by teredactle »

I've had to switch back to the older version, this issue is a show stopper for me.