Compatibility issues with Windows 10 20H2?

larryccf

Compatibility issues with Windows 10 20H2?

Post by larryccf »

've been running BI 4 now for 3 yrs+ and had no issues. After Windows 10 updated to 20H2, the most recent version, my system crashes after 15-30 minutes if i open BI 4. If i don't open BI4, computer is stable

Have there been any compatibility issue reports?
JRB100

Re: Compatibility issues with Windows 10 20H2?

Post by JRB100 »

Similar issue...

Blue Iris 5 no longer runs (as of Jan. 2, 2021)...UNLESS I disconnect my ethernet cable...which means my cams have no signal.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi guys,

1. BI4 crashing ? 20H2 is fine here with BI5. Check "Reliability History" to find out the cause.
2. BI5 No longer runs ? Please open a new thread, and tell us everything. Include "Reliability History" info.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
larryccf

Post by larryccf »

I didn't know about "reliability history". Here are 3 screen captures, one of the general page, and one of Blue Iris crash specific page (i hadn't used it since 01/02), and the specific crash info from the crash on 01/02

when i opened BI 4 today, it ran for a couple of hours before crashing - what i noticed from looking at the general page, Win 10 20H2 seems to have issues with anything video related, software wise - Camtasia is a video capture program and i didn't even realize it had caused some crashes as i haven't used it in awhile

The only reason i focus on the 20H2 update as the cause is that BI4 has run great for the past 2-3 years, first on Win 7 Pro, then on Win 10 Pro up until 20H2 downloaded.
Last edited by larryccf on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
larryccf

Post by larryccf »

I noticed a notification on my taskbar that "App & browser control" were not activated or enabled - for the hey of it i activated it.
Then opened BI 4, this was last nite - and haven't had a crash from BI 4 since

Don't know if that's a permanent fix but it has given me my cameras back

if it helps someone else, location was in Setting > Update & Security > Windows Security > App & Browser control

DOES ANYBODY SEE ANYTHING IN THOSE RELIABILITY REPORTS THAT INDICATES THE CAUSE OF THE BI CRASHES??
Last edited by larryccf on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lands1ide

Post by lands1ide »

I am absolutely sure there is an issue. Have a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor and 32 gb of RAM. I installed Windows 20H2 and my CPU went up to 60% then overtime BI becomes choppy and stops working. As a test, I reinstalled windows from scratch with nothing else. Installed BI and my CPU is around 10%, then I updated it to 20h2 and now I am having the same issue I can only run 1 to 2 cam and maintain it stable. Please note I have NOTHING else installed in this test. I have also ran BI for year without issue. No idea what's causing it but 20H2 it the problem.
TimG

Post by TimG »

My main server is an AMD Ryzen 1800x with 16GB RAM, but BI5 is presently running on my wife's server which has a weaker Intel cpu. All of my pc's are running Win10 20H2, and I'm not getting any issues with BI5 on 20H2. Three 1080 IP cameras and two SD analogue cameras recording 24/7 (Plus a Neos cam on motion detection) cause a cpu load of 9% if I'm not watching the feeds. It goes up to 14% if I am watching them.

larryccf: A www search for stackhash errors appears to show hardware or software driver errors in the main. I went through a world of pain last year with all of my home pc's. That turned out to be a failing satellite card, and Acronis True Image - the anti-ransomware element brought each computer down after a time. It is now disabled and all is well.
Last edited by TimG on Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

larryccf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:16 pm
DOES ANYBODY SEE ANYTHING IN THOSE RELIABILITY REPORTS THAT INDICATES THE CAUSE OF THE BI CRASHES??
Not really. I am not familiar with an AppCrash specifying StackHash as faulty module. That being said, I would recommend trying the following below:

1) Make sure you have excluded Blue Iris folder paths from your Antivirus and then make sure there was nothing previously quarantined.

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4
C:\BlueIris\Db
C:\BlueIris\New
C:\BlueIris\Stored
C:\BlueIris\Alerts

2) Since you have upgraded to Win10 20H2, make sure Windows updates are up to date. In the event your Display driver was changed, you could try updating to a new version or roll back to a previous. If you have enabled Hardware acceleration in Blue Iris 4 and are using Intel Quick Sync, you may encounter situations where only specific Intel Display Drivers work with Blue Iris where others cause memory leaks and crashes. This is not a problem with Blue Iris. It is a problem with Intel Quick Sync.

3) Run SFC and DISM scan. Open a CMD prompt with "Run as Administrator" privileges and type the following:

SFC /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow

4) Update Blue Iris 4 to v4.8.63.

larryccf, I noticed you are running an old version of Blue Iris 4 (v4.4.2.0). The latest and final version of Blue Iris 4 is v4.8.6.3. You should download and install it. Before I upgraded to Blue Iris 5, BI4 v4.8.6.3 was very stable for me.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
lands1ide

Post by lands1ide »

I am at a loss to what is causing this. I get 60FPS/1.00 with no problem (when stable), but with time the 60FPS/1.00 I watch as it falls to 29/49 and become choppy and laggy. Note I only have the one camera installed now until I can get it stable. When stable 1 cam is consistently at 2% CPU. When issue happens 1 cam CPU goes to 30-40% and frames and keyframes drop it must be windows update I have nothing else installed. I also noticed BI say CPU 30-40% but task manager say CPU 5%. This is also new, they normally match. I have also been running BI for a few years without issue. Any thoughts? What would cause those symptoms?

I know its not my network because I have another PC same specs on the network running BI (Server2016 instead of win10) with no issues.
Last edited by lands1ide on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lands1ide

Post by lands1ide »

I was able to resolve my issue. I reinstalled windows 10 Ver 1909. Immediately stop all MS auto updates. Installed all camera and I am back to normal. No more spikes and back to normal speeds. I am not sure what MS update did it but it definitely was a MS update.