BI VERSION 5 ALERT SOUNDS

sunraym1977

BI VERSION 5 ALERT SOUNDS

Post by sunraym1977 »

I have updated to version 5, but I get no warning during the alerts, unlike version 4. Support said the sund is under alerts but, I still cannot hear the warnings for all my cameras. I needsome help.
TimG

Re: BI VERSION 5 ALERT SOUNDS

Post by TimG »

Hi, did you see my response in the BI-5 thread to your question ? I hope I have answered it there.

I am surprised if you have alert sound for some but not other cameras - BUT - the BI5 to BI6 update did manage to copy my JSON commands into the correct new ALERT place, so maybe it copied some but not other sound alerts for you.

Please let us know in this thread if you get all of them working. I am finding BI5 to have many more settings to play with than BI4 did, and I'm an Electrical Engineer, so this is my techie fun 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
sunraym1977

Post by sunraym1977 »

Hi: ref BI-5 your message said it copied your son settings to BI6. I didn't know there is a version or is this a typo? No luck with the alert sounds, I wansview, and amcrest camera, they all sound in VER.5. D0 you have a fix?

Woody
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yup, finger trouble there. BI5 is the latest version :oops:

So do all of your cameras have the alert sounds set up the same way in BI5 settings - but some don't work ?
Forum Moderator.
Viruta57

Post by Viruta57 »

Also I have no sound and no notification on Push Notification... I had no problem before I installed this new version.... I sent you 2 email already and I had no return from.. you
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi Viruta57,

You won't receive a support email answer from me, because I am a USER of BI5 just as you are. I don't work for BI. :o

One odd thing that happened to me during the BI4 to BI5 change, was that my server pc decided to change the pc audio from the motherboard to my Homeseer HSPhone. That created havoc for BI5 and UI3 until I found it.

Anyway, please use the "Email Support" button from within BI Settings when you send an email to support, as it adds in the licensing information that Ken will need to identify you.

Tim
Forum Moderator.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

The audio changed for me also on a V4 update... way back. Can't remember when or what.
So many things to remember. I think I've forgotten more over the years than I've ever learned. :roll:
gamalaptop

Post by gamalaptop »

Updating from version 4 to 5 is easy, but the opposite is not true!
RakeshTiwari

Post by RakeshTiwari »

Great Information...