Blank Live View

BlueRIdge

Blank Live View

Post by BlueRIdge »

Just upgraded to V5. I've only got 1 camera. At startup, the live view of the camera is blank. Entering and exiting camera settings, with 'OK' (no changes) will restore the live view of the camera. What's wrong?
BlueRIdge

Re: Blank Live View

Post by BlueRIdge »

No help? Camera stays on for a while, then goes to blank. Comes back when I select camera properties and then "OK'. Goes off again in a few minutes.

Never had a problem in a long time with V4. Upgrade decision seems to have been a bad one...
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi BlueRIdge,

Not enough info to assist you. If this is a new purchased upgrade, send a message to support, and let us know what they say.

It is probably a camera setting if it worked in BI4, but we need to see your settings to even begin to understand what is happening. Did you copy the settings for the camera from BI4 to BI5 ?

Please be aware that this is a user to user forum, so sometimes you will not get an answer. It usually means we don't know rather than you are being ignored !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
BlueRIdge

Post by BlueRIdge »

I followed the upgrade steps completely to the letter, backing up & restoring settings.

Likely something in my camera settings with V5. I just need suggestions on where to look. Settings were confusing in V4, even more so in V5! Impossible to post them all...

Odd behavior of camera appearing after entering and exiting camera settings with no changes. I read the help and watched every online video (most use V4). After a long time of happiness on V4, I regret the attempt to upgrade to V5. My years in the computer business should have taught me not to mess with a working system.

I've got paid support & will mail them with a pointer to this note.
BlueRIdge

Post by BlueRIdge »

Happy now - I've gone back to V4. Up and running again fine.

After wasting hours trying to upgrade to V5, I've given up.

Trying to cure the blank camera view, I reinstalled V5, and never was able to get past the Login prompt to run it and see if my problem went away. After trying all users, passwords, and local-user, I never got past the login. V4 never asks for login. No response from my paid-for BI support.

Shame on me for upgrading from V4, which has worked fine for a long time. Nothing in V5 to benefit me. I tried to fix something that isn't broken!