Annke C800

McFarTech

Annke C800

Post by McFarTech »

Hi Guys.

Hopping someone can help me. I have purchased a Annke C800 which I am told is a rebadged HikVision camera. Certainly it takes the HikVision firmware.

I have set the camera up and via the camera native software the picture is perfect. However through BI its shocking. It’s really grainy , looks like there is interference in the picture. No matter what I do I cant seem to improve this. Any ideas? Things to check try?

Thanks in advance. Craig
MikeBwca

Re: Annke C800

Post by MikeBwca »

BI should be setting this up as 'Annke/RTSP'. Are you using 'Find/Inspect'?
bbdude

Re: Annke C800

Post by bbdude »

I also have 4 new Annke C800 IP 8MP cameras. I have the first one setup and working with BlueIris 5. Other than entering the camera IP address, I still have the Network IP camera configuration set to: Generic/ONVIF and the Model to: *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. This is working for live streaming and recording. The camera image quality is good.

I see that in the Make drop down menu there is a pick for Annke and when I select that, it forces the Model to: RTSP. Should I change the setting to Annke / RTSP ?

I see in the BlueIris User Guide , on page 32 it says: "Protocol
For most IP cameras, you should retain HTTP as the protocol. For some cameras, HTTPS
may be used for JPEG image retrieval only, but this is not common.
Other protocols are listed and these are used to configure the camera using a generic URL
such as RTSP:// or MMSH:// etc. This is not recommended unless the camera has no HTTP
interface. You may enter the full URL into the address box, press Tab, and it will be
automatically parsed for you into protocol, address, and video path."

This seems to imply that I should avoid using the RTSP. Am I misunderstanding something here?