Password 'problem'

GeoffC

Password 'problem'

Post by GeoffC »

At the moment Blue Iris ( a new installation ) is switched off overnight. I followed guidance to set the program to load with windows startup, in settings where it requested a password and re-start.
Now when I try to open either admin or user it refuses to accept the password.

I don't use Windows to logon, only a local account which has a password but it's not recognised. If I try to logon through my Windows account, even that password refuses to be acknowledged.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

I uploaded BI onto my PC, using it in demo mode for a few days, activating yesterday on a Windows 10 Pro x64
GeoffC

Re: Password 'problem'

Post by GeoffC »

I have access to the User panel, but the menu is greyed out. That was by using a blank password! :o
BlueRIdge

Post by BlueRIdge »

Same problem on an upgrade from V4. Will not accept valid user/password. Tried lot of combinations. User/password works elsewhere in Windows, but not in BI. Went back to V4.
GeoffC

Post by GeoffC »

BlueRIdge wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:33 pm Same problem on an upgrade from V4. Will not accept valid user/password. Tried lot of combinations. User/password works elsewhere in Windows, but not in BI. Went back to V4.
I had to go back to square one - though I'm wondering if I was 'locked' out because BI was updating in the background (unbeknown to me at the time).

All now moot as my PC crashed and I'm waiting on a replacement!
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

This post may provide a solution:

https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... dmin#p3979

Or this one:

https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... dmin#p3696
and here is how you fix this...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Options

and set the "runasadmin" value back to its default of 1. This is the "require run as administrator" checkbox on the Settings/Startup page. This will disable the login prompt altogether.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
BlueRIdge

Post by BlueRIdge »

Thanks. I'll try it if I ever get the motivation and time to try to upgrade again. I'm still smarting from the half day wasted attempting the "easy" upgrade. Currently V4 works great and meets my needs. No reason to change. I didn't find anything in the documentation about this V5 password "feature". Having to edit the registry is odd (and risky for some).

Thanks again for taking the time to post the solution.