PTZ Not working in BIv5 for Amcrest camera

Khatsalano

PTZ Not working in BIv5 for Amcrest camera

Post by Khatsalano »

I have three cameras, two Foscam and one Amcrest IP3M-941. Since BIv5, the Amcrest camera no longer responds to the PTZ controls: UP, DOWN, L, R, etc. It does respond to the presets. After clicking one of the PTZ controls, say UP, the frame goes blue for 15 sec, which I assume is a timeout. I am running Blue Iris 50.0.0.57. It seems to be a bug. Any suggestions?
MS918

Re: PTZ Not working in BIv5 for Amcrest camera

Post by MS918 »

I have the same camera and I got the PTZ controls to work by going to the camera settings, the PTZ/Control tab and setting the camera to "ONVIF (OXML)", put a check mark in "Enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom and other controls". I actually changed the HTTP port on my camera so I put a check mark in "Use another IP/Port" and entered a semicolon followed by the port number I used in that box (no space between the semicolon and the port number).
I hope that helps
Khatsalano

Post by Khatsalano »

I tried all combinations of Network IP = {Amcrest, ONVIF, Amcrest/Dahua} and Use other port = {8083 (TCP), 8783 ( ONVIF), 5543 (RTSP)} to no avail. The Amcrest camera still does not respond to PTZ commands.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

I have a similar Amcrest camera (IP2M-841W). Odd how it responds to Presets, but no movements by arrows or mouse. In your IP3-941 camera properties -> PTZ tab under Options: make sure "Enable PTZ UI" and "PTZ w/Mouse cursor" is checked.

If you are running Blue Iris in non-admin mode (blueiris.exe) and not BlueIrisAdmin.exe, then make sure "Require Admin" is not checked under PTZ tab ->Options.
Amcrest IP2M-841W Camera PTZ.png
Amcrest IP2M-841W Camera PTZ.png (27.54 KiB) Viewed 17011 times
Amcrest IP2M-841W Camera Video.png
Amcrest IP2M-841W Camera Video.png (33.84 KiB) Viewed 17011 times
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Khatsalano

Post by Khatsalano »

I have tried Network IP: Amcrest/Dahua. My PTZ settings are the same as yours. I am running BlueIrisAdmin. I tried unchecking 'Require Admin.' Still, PTZ controls fail. I have, also given Blue Iris tech support access to the camera and waiting for their results. If it gets working, I'll post a note.

Thanks for your suggestions.
T5DRVR66

Post by T5DRVR66 »

I have two IP2m-858W Amcrest Cameras. One is running wireless the other Ethernet to try to compare. Neither respond to PTZ well in Blue Iris 5. They do eventually move but it may take a few minutes and when they do there is no telling where they will stop. They also do not respond fast to motion. For instance a car driving down my street may be completely missed by these cameras but my less expensive Lorex fixed cameras pick it up. Amcrest support tells me that this is a BI issue not a camera issue which I find odd given that my Blue Iris is Amcrest to my knowledge. Any comments are appreciated.
Khatsalano

Re: PTZ Not working in BIv5 for Amcrest camera (Solved)

Post by Khatsalano »

At Ken's suggestion, I deleted the Amcrest camera and added it back as a new camera with Ken's suggested settings [1] and now PTZ does work. I was not able to determine what it was about the original camera instantiation in Blue Iris that was different than in the new camera instantiation. Perhaps it had to do with the installation of BIv5 on top of a v4 installation and the subsequent removal of BIv4.

[1] Make: Dahua, Model: Main Stream RTSP, Discovery/ONVIF port: Same as HTTP port, PTZ Network IP: Dahua New V5

Thanks for everyone's help.
Thronk

Post by Thronk »

Just purchased an Amcrest IP8M-2493E and I'm having the same problem, can't get PTZ to work. I've tried all the settings discussed here with no success. Brightness, contrast and IR light controls all work just not PTZ. I see the camera border color change to blue when I select a PTZ button just nothing moves. Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
dapug

Post by dapug »

Thronk wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm Just purchased an Amcrest IP8M-2493E and I'm having the same problem, can't get PTZ to work. I've tried all the settings discussed here with no success. Brightness, contrast and IR light controls all work just not PTZ. I see the camera border color change to blue when I select a PTZ button just nothing moves. Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Same here, same cam. I had it working when I first added it (I believe as a Generic/ONVIF) and PTZ worked fine. But then I opened it up a day later and the PTZ controls were disabled. WEIRD. I opened the PTZ tab in the settings and it was unchecked (which I did NOT do). But checking it does nothing, and none of the recommendations here do anything either. WTF? Working, then not. And no idea how or why either way.
MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

Amcrest IP8M-2493E is not a PTZ camera. I have two of them. They may look like they are PTZ but they are not. You open the cover, point it where you want it to shoot, close the cover. It has no motors so PTZ doesn't make sense. You can zoom and pan in BI but that's software zoom/pan, not hardware PTZ.