How to set the web live preview resolution and fps?

jlvaldez

How to set the web live preview resolution and fps?

Post by jlvaldez »

I have spent hours looking through every setting I can think of. BI5's web UI is really good, and is the main reason that has me using it right now (It wasn't as good in BI4, and lack of remote client killed it for me, since I run it in a VM).

The web client's live view is the tiled view of all cameras. This resolution appears to be fixed to 920x720 @ 5 fps for me. I can click on one of the live cameras and it opens at native resolution (when I have the quality/gear selector at the highest quality). However, in live view, I cannot get anything higher than the 960 x 720 at a low frame rate. I like that BI takes all of the cameras live views and re-encodes into a single stream to save a massive amount of bandwidth when I'm viewing on many clients (I've got RPIs around the house showing the stream). However, the resolution is abysmal on the 1080p monitors I'm using. You can see the stats by right clicking the web client's live view stream, going to stats for nerds and seeing that your FPS is limited to 5, and resolution is fixed to 960x720.

I know this isn't a loading issue on my VM's end. CPU usage sits at 50% and I have an nVidia graphics card passed through to the VM for hardware accelerated encoding and decoding. Looking at the GPU usage, it's at 16%. Clearly, it CAN go higher resolution and faster, but there's a setting somewhere that prevents this.

How can I increase the underlying re-encoded live view resolution? I feel like it's a simple ffmpeg line that's got a forced 960x720 output, and there's no setting to update this...

Frame rate would be great to push beyond 5 fps too. I know people like to ask "Why do you need more resolution and FPS when you can just click on the frame and get a live view for a camera of interest?". Well my RPI monitors are without mice/keyboards. They show the main live view of all cameras until one camera alerts, then it goes full screen. However, I have 1080p monitors, so it would be great to be able to at least get the native stream resolution to match my monitors instead of upscaling low resolution.