Cloud shadows

ScudRunr

Cloud shadows

Post by ScudRunr »

On a partly cloudy day the clouds sliding by create ground shadows and it causes the cameras to trigger. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing has worked. It is not uncommon for me to return home to find that there are hundreds of cloud triggers.
MikeBwca

Re: Cloud shadows

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you tried 'Cancel Shadows'? This may reduce triggers, but it will not eliminate them.

I use 'Zone Triggering' on a few cameras, which has reduced triggers caused by clouds to almost none.
terk

Re: Cloud shadows

Post by terk »

The only way I've been able to eliminate shadow triggers and still get reliable motion alerting for people is using AI person detection. I have tried Sentry AI which is a simple check box in each cameras properties but requires a subscription to their AI service for something like $60 a year. I've also tried the free DeepStack and AI Tools combo which is completely free but a bit more work to setup and on a reboot requires a few seconds of manual intervention to get it up and running correctly each time since the DeepStack component isn't designed to run as a service on Windows for some reason. Both methods work equally well once they are up and running at eliminating false alerts down to about 98% reliability in my experience.