Webstream\mjpg problems

michaeljwestii

Webstream\mjpg problems

Post by michaeljwestii »

Hello, I have 14 cameras, all have webcast enabled and show up in UI3, BI is on version 5.2.9.14. About half of my cameras are reachable via the mjpg address ("local server name"/mjpg/cameraname/video.mjpg). The other half is not. I have gone through all the settings for each camera, everything related to streaming appears set up the same. I use groups, and cams can be in more than one group, but I have cams with identical group setup where only some are reachable, so that does not apper to be it. Does anyone have the key to cracking this code? I have a cam in a birdbox that just hatched 6 eggs that I am really wanting to push out to the family (the camera kind of works on OBS/Youtube, but that is a different matter, the BI stream appears far more reliable). Thanks Mike
MikeBwca

Re: Webstream\mjpg problems

Post by MikeBwca »

As long as you have webcast enables in the camera settings, it should show up in UI3.

One possibility... are the missing camera in a group? If not, you'll need to specify 'All Cameras' in the UI3 'Current Group' on the 'Live View' tab.

You may want to set a specific group for the birds. If you do, be aware that group names should not be the same as camera names. I have a few groups setup for specif cameras, and I just append '_camera' to the end so it matches the camera name. For example, camera name 'Cam1' would be 'Cam1_Camera' group name. Seems weird, but I want some users to be able to only view 1 camera.

I have a userid for my son. He can view my yard cams. So he'll know if I'm outside passed out in the yard from a stroke!!! ;) That is, if he ever even calls me! :(