All Cameras No Signal after 5.2.9.7 update

DickSwart

All Cameras No Signal after 5.2.9.7 update

Post by DickSwart »

I installed the latest update and all my cameras are now showing No signal. I went as far as totally uninstalling blue iris including registry and all data. I reinstalled blue iris again and started adding my cameras manually one by one. after I added the fourth camera I started getting no signal for all my cameras again. Not sure what to do, please let me know what Info I can provide for help. I restarted my box but nothing. I'm running Win 10, i7-4770 3.4GHz 4th Gen with 16GB ram and a SSD. This box is only for blue iris, nothing else is installed. I have 9 cameras all ReoLink RLC-410-5MP & RLC-420-5MP and I used the main and sub stream in config, all direct-to-disk, no encoding.
Matts1984

Re: All Cameras No Signal after 5.2.9.7 update

Post by Matts1984 »

Eek, it's probably something simple but I'm not sure what it is. I'm on 5.2.9.7 now and mine is running ok.

You noted when reinstalling, after adding the forth camera you started getting all cameras as no signal. I assume that means the first 3 seemed to be just fine, and it wasn't until you added the 4th that all of them switched to no signal (and all after that point as well)? I have a few leading questions that may not in any way lead to the answer, but sometimes an outside perspective can trigger a thought.

I don't think it's something with the BI software itself but... can you simply revert the version and keep your installation?
Have you tried having no cameras and adding some in a different order to see if it's one in particular that triggers the issue?
Are your cameras on the same subnet as your BI server? Not saying they need to be, but ruling things out. Is it possible somehow your interface link on your BI system is degraded (like 10FDX)?? Just thinking out loud.
Your computer sounds plenty powerful for what you're doing (plus you've obviously been running for a while) but did/can you monitor resources as you add cameras? CPU maxing out?

Beyond that all I can think of is to try a packet capture, potentially using Wireshark or something if needed. The connection should be from your BI server to the cameras, which then pulls the feed continuously. Is your BI server rejecting the connection at some point/are the cameras?

What do you use the main stream vs sub stream for? Thats mostly curiosity on my part.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
DickSwart

Post by DickSwart »

Yes, I saw it is maxing out my CPU for some or other reason. Using the sub-stream and main-stream allows blue iris to do everything including monitoring on the sub-stream but still record on the main-stream, significantly reducing the CPU usage.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

DickSwart wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:13 am I installed the latest update and all my cameras are now showing No signal. I went as far as totally uninstalling blue iris including registry and all data. I reinstalled blue iris again and started adding my cameras manually one by one. after I added the fourth camera I started getting no signal for all my cameras again. Not sure what to do, please let me know what Info I can provide for help. I restarted my box but nothing. I'm running Win 10, i7-4770 3.4GHz 4th Gen with 16GB ram and a SSD. This box is only for blue iris, nothing else is installed. I have 9 cameras all ReoLink RLC-410-5MP & RLC-420-5MP and I used the main and sub stream in config, all direct-to-disk, no encoding.
I'm thinking this may have something to do with a bug in 5.2.9.7 that affects ReoLink cameras. In the past, there have been issues between ReoLink cameras and Blue Iris 5. I would first suggest that you revert to an earlier version and send Blue Iris support an e-mail concerning the problem.

To Revert to an previous Blue Iris version

1. Open Blue Iris console and select Blue Iris Settings -> about tab.
2. Click on "Check for updates".
3. Select "Another available previous update".
4. From the drop down box, select an older previous version.
5. Click the OK button.

BI5-Reverting-to-older-ver.png
BI5-Reverting-to-older-ver.png (33 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

reddawg wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:28 pm I'm thinking this may have something to do with a bug in 5.2.9.7 that affects ReoLink cameras. In the past, there have been issues between ReoLink cameras and Blue Iris 5.
Interesting, I wasn't aware of this. I have 2 Reolink RLC-420 cameras in my BI setup and haven't had any issues with them (yet).

As a side note, I think the RLC-420 would be an excellent camera if it had a wider field of view. The image quality is fine, but the narrow FOV (70 to 80 degrees) is annoying.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS