Background audio

slwtx1983

Background audio

Post by slwtx1983 »

I am using my Android devices as a baby monitor for cameras in my babies rooms. I setup a group for them, and then I use background audio and lock my device and let it run overnight to listen.

However, I end up having to do this on two devices, because there is a high probability one of them will lose audio overnight. I can open up the app and it still appears to have audio enabled, but I can hear nothing. I have to turn the audio off and then on again inside the camera group in order to hear anything.

I've tried a few searches to see if others have this issue but cannot seem to find anything so I am sorry if this is a known issue. This has happened across 4 different Android devices spanning across 3 different versions of the operating system.

My Android app is up to date and the server version is 5.2.6.1 64 bit running on a Windows 10 Pro server.
TimG

Re: Background audio

Post by TimG »

I'm confused here. Are you using android devices as input audio/video for BI5 ? How do you do that ? I have a couple of old android devices that could be pressed into action :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
slwtx1983

Re: Background audio

Post by slwtx1983 »

I apologise for my lack of proper explanation. I am using the Android phones as the viewing devices for my already established cameras that are connected to my BI server. There is a "Background Audio" option that allows the audio to continue to run when the phone is locked.

I have cameras in my babies rooms and I use this background audio so that I don't get burn in on my cell phone. Sometimes, but not all times, the audio just stops working after an unknown number of hours, and this happens across multiple devices.