Sub Streams

stuntflyer

Sub Streams

Post by stuntflyer »

I upgraded to version 5 (I am running the latest release 5.2.7.12) in the hopes of using the substream support to reduce load on the CPU - however I have configured a number of cameras with the substream setup by adding the substream URL to the network config page. Thus far however, I cannot see an evidence of the substream working, and, CPU usage is still very high. Anyone know how to get the substreams working (or to verify they are working?). I think I have the Substream infor for my camera correct - vendor said all I should have to do is input "/12" in the substream field. Is there some other place is BI where you have to turn on substreams or configure something else??

See below for my camera network config screen.

BI Network Config.PNG
BI Network Config.PNG (37.46 KiB) Viewed 6543 times

I have been using the Camera display in Blue Iris Status to see if there is any data flowing for the substream FPS and there is nothing registering there for the 3 cameras I have configured for substream.

Any info is welcome.

Thanks
Steve
BI latest versions at numerous sites on both Intel and AMD platforms.
miles267

Re: Sub Streams

Post by miles267 »

Have encountered the same issue. When I attempt to use sub streams my CPU climbs rather than drops. Running 5.2.3.7 x64.
miles267

Post by miles267 »

Thanks. I did just that with the newest BI5 release. Sub streams are used but CPU usage is skyrocketing rather than being reduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miles267

Post by miles267 »

Actually I was able to identify that the CPU usage only increases when I attempt to add sub streams to any of my wifi Amcrest 1080P cameras. Perhaps the added bandwidth of transmitting multiple streams causes an issue with BI5.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Still seems odd, it *shouldn't* go up. The info IAmATeaf requested might help, specifically the Blue Iris Status > Cameras. I too have multiple Amcrest cameras, though not 1080p or wifi, but still.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras