SUBSTREAM parameters, need help please!

adamfarber

SUBSTREAM parameters, need help please!

Post by adamfarber »

Hi all, I am trying to use the new substream feature to lower my CPU usage. I have several cameras
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1471.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 10044 times
, 6 of them are Dahua but I can only get 1 of them to work with the settings you see in the pic attached (this is for the Dahua). What else can I try in the substream box to get them to work? All are substream 1 enabled. Right now I am just cohttps://blueirissoftware.com/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=556ncentrating on the Dahua. The 1 camera alone lowered my CPU usage like 10%.
Thixotropic

Re: SUBSTREAM parameters, need help please!

Post by Thixotropic »

This is just a guess, but have you tried assigning them different numbers/channels in the "Video" section under "Camera" on that page? Are they all properly assigned different IPs?

If the cameras are identical and you have one of them working then it shouldn't be too hard to get them all working.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
adamfarber

Post by adamfarber »

Hi, each camera has it's own IP address. also, changing the camera number for any of them does not help. Thanks, Adam
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

What happens if you take one of the non-working cameras and swap it with the working one?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
adamfarber

Post by adamfarber »

Hi, not sure what you about "swapping" the cameras? Adam
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

You have 4 cameras and one of them is working, right?

Disconnect the working camera, then take one of the non-working cameras and put it in its place. See if the video appears or not. (Adjust the IP settings as needed)

Also, are these all the same make and model of camera?
adamfarber

Post by adamfarber »

Hi, 6 cameras, one works with substream. These are mounted outside so swapping is not something I would do and I don't think that would work either to be honest but thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Adam
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

I could not get my substream working until I turned on Direct-to-disk recording - that setting is located in the Camera Setup/Record Tab/Video file format and compression button.

Of course you have to put the substream URL in on the Network/Config page for the cameras substream as well, which for most of my cameras was either "rtsp://ipaddress:554/12" or "/live1.264" or "/12" in the Substream field.

I also selected "Limit decoding unless required" which is on the VIDEO page of the camera settings.

After doing those two things, my CPU usage dropped from 100% down to 33% - I have 22 cameras on a 6 Core CPU system.

Just did this, so not sure what negative impact it might be having on my recordings etc. I noticed that after getting substreams working, now that the triggers seem to be working off the substream feed, I had to go back in and paint back in my Hotspot zones on all the cameras that are working with a substream.

Making those two changes made a HUGE difference to my setup and CPU performance.
BI latest versions at numerous sites on both Intel and AMD platforms.
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

adamfarber wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 pm Hi all, I am trying to use the new substream feature to lower my CPU usage. I have several camerasIMG_1471.jpg, 6 of them are Dahua but I can only get 1 of them to work with the settings you see in the pic attached (this is for the Dahua). What else can I try in the substream box to get them to work? All are substream 1 enabled. Right now I am just cohttps://blueirissoftware.com/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=556ncentrating on the Dahua. The 1 camera alone lowered my CPU usage like 10%.
if you have 6 cameras and 1 works, take the settings for the working one and clone additional cameras, changing the IP addresses as required for each of the additional cameras. if this doesn't work, knowing the blue iris settings are identical the only variable remaining is the camera config. check the camera config/firmware versions etc match the working camera.
adamfarber

Post by adamfarber »

Hi, I checked the camera settings VERY careful with the actual camera software and can see NO differences betwixt the good camera and the other 5. Are you saying to manually clone a camera or is there some other way? Thanks, Adam