reset software

tomr

reset software

Post by tomr »

I am setting up a new install for the company I work for so I can demo it for them. I am a registered user with my home (personal) version but I am trying to convince our company what a good product it is. I made some errors in my original configuration of the software when I installed it and I want to fully remove the software and start over.

I did an uninstall and I also used RevoUninstaller to remove reg settings and files but when I do a fresh install it still has all the cameras and layout.

How do I fully uninstall the software so I can start from a fresh point. If needed I will format and reinstall the OS but that will take and extra 8 hours that I really don't want to waste if I dont have to.
WmG

Re: reset software

Post by WmG »

From page 197 of the current help file:

"All settings for Blue Iris are stored in a registry key. Enter REGEDIT into the Windows
search box to open the registry editor. Search for:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris

Deleting or renaming this key will allow you to test a startup without any cameras and with
other default settings. It’s also possible to rename particular sub-keys, for example
changing Cameras to CamerasX. To disable individual cameras, open the camera’s key and
change the enabled value to 0."

Have you dug into that and made sure Revo worked as advertised??